Pin prick holes in 2nd coat troweling up stage

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky12

Hi everyone,

im troweling up (multi on board) and finding tiny pitted like surface in the plaster?

What is it and how do I sort it?

Many thanks

Hi KY is it Jelly?? No course not sorry lol how are you mixing your plaster may I ask?? What I mean is you may be mixing it for too long say with a whisk/drill and those tiny holes could be the excess little air bubbles popping out??
Let's hope that's all that pops out on your job!? :RpS_thumbup:
And welcome along and good bunch on here so enjoy the banter :RpS_laugh:

Cheers marshy. A plasterer I know suggested my 2nd coat might be too thin and I started troweling too soon? Didn't let it go off enough!

How can I tell if I'm overworking the plaster?

Only time I have seen this is when first coat has gone too much followed by a thick second coat air gets trapped between coats and you get little holes

@jeanclaudevangyproc has a valid point also? Without being there with you KY its difficult to say? Best bet start with the mixing first then take note of the other lads tips regard 2nd coating etc and see if any helps you out?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was a lab our gaffer used to go mad at the improver cause he used to leave first coat too long and it used to sound like rice crispies poppin when he was laying down on top of it too thick end result was pin holes everywhere in his second coat

Welcome along KY (my 2nd favourite sexual lubricant by the way) hard to picture what your describing, can you take some pics (bloody love pics me!) :RpS_thumbsup:

Was for me not for him our gaffer pushed him face first into a freshly floated the following day for mouthing off at him over it that's when I got my first go on trowel and hardwall all in my boots

Status
Not open for further replies.