Pick your brains

Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

Alright lads, hope youre all doing well.
I have just looked at a job on a property where the render was done about 2 years ago. Lots of cracks all over it now and some blown. I have recommended to take it all off and start again. However the customer then says there is quite abit of movement so she wasn't surprised by the cracks but wants it tidied and looking better. I have quoted to wire it all to help prevent this happening again but I feel if there's movemnt will this be wasting her money? It's done in sand and cement and the moment and I am wondering if any other rendering products would be better as I dont really know about krend and acrylic renders so if this is the case I shall let her know. Cheers

No idea to be honest, she didn't tell me much more about it. I'm going back tomorrow to have a better look around to see if I can see and have a chat through with her!

the woman needs to claim on her property insurance. the building may need to be underpinned.

I'd walk away from it, she'll blame you after you do the work for subsidence of her house, you might have to build her a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.