phone is working

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

so far since january 2 i have had 2 days work, last few days have actually picked the phone up to see if it is working,this morning i heard a strange noise sounded familiar but could not place it , PHONE RINGING, at last hopefully it will start picking up. 17 years and this is the worst it has been , unfourtanetly there is no jobs in sunny carlisle, and those people in work are apprehensive and scared about losing there jobs,therefore lack of confidence and not spending money, my accountant says everybodys turnover is down regardless what buisness they are in, which in turn means tax revenues are down not just in glorious carlisle but all over the country,this shortfall will have to be made up somehow, but keep going and remember sooner or later the work will come in, but i do feel sorry for all those people out of work who can not get ajob and unfourntanetly do not have a trade be it plastering,joinery etc.:RpS_biggrin:

Same here, multitrading can keep you busy.
Unfortunately the last couple of months have been quiet,
so I've gone back to subbying to a builder I know, it's only day work on insurance jobs but it'll keep me ticking over till my work picks up.
I'll have to get my artexing tools out of retirement for the insurance work, Casper I may need a refresher course :RpS_laugh:

I can offer you guys a fast track, advanced course. February special offer £595. only takes a day. Start at 9 finished by 2 :RpS_wink:

How are you casper I worry about. all on your own in that room with your tartan blanket wrapped around you to keep warm.

salt and wound this is the best season ive had booked up for most of the year already and more comeng in everyday, had to turn some down today:RpS_scared::RpS_wink:

salt and wound this is the best season ive had booked up for most of the year already and more comeng in everyday, had to turn some down today:RpS_scared::RpS_wink:

good for you mate please to hear it sprinkle a little stardust in my direction LOL.

Im doing a wet room this week, leveled the wood floor out, altered the plumbing for toilet,rad,shower and sink,layed a new floor and aqua system to the floor, ripped out walls, boarded walls and ceiling, skimmed ceiling, started tiling walls and i will tile the wall and fit the suite next week, then onto another bathroom next week to do similar. Sick of passing the money part of the job away and it is good money.

its always strange isnt it. i was busy before xmas but with nothing lined up. didnt start back till mid jan and now have 14 jobs between me and my mate to do. its just a bit of luck and having some good contacts. most of us are good spreads at the end of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.