pft swing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
any tips for using the above machine to achieve a light texture using mono would be much appreciated.

thanks

paul im gonna need you to spray ur load over my walls shortly (in acrylic) to make up for you nicking my compressor for a yr :)

yep it's gotta be the best finish out there the ol sprayed topcoat.....now luv in know I just bought an extension hopper for bertha after the av3000 water pump which I promised was the last thing I needed at vast expense, but if I could just have an lk402 as well that would be cowin lush cos the finish is mint!! Maybe a trip to blonesville init

yeah I just bought a swing, lk402 compressor and the gun.

Sprays all acrylic etc beautifully, wish I bought one years ago ... oh and yes I still have the g4

the swing m rich is it butt.....how much is that little baby? prob will get the comp myself shortly cos it is a stupidly perfect finish compared to hand init. what's the smallest grain you've sprayed?

I bought it second hand off Les, only sprayed Presto as a texture and jub, conni 1.5mm. Had a very quick go spraying parex 1.0mm with Ian

you ever invsesting spunketh? Been spraying parex Maite recently....can spray 60m in morn with mesh and spat then hose and sponge, then short lunch and same again without cleaning a thing. A liberating experience loading the xl up with 7 30kg bags off the mains with 20m hose on with no probs. A beefy comp would sort the topcoat out with about a 90m range off the one fill of the machine....boootiful with just me and the 17 yr old lad, kind of restores ur faith in the outlay of the kit in the first place.

Rich are you spraying the adhesive with the swing too mixed off a whisk?

havent tried mate but have thought about it, maybe thats what the slot head is for that comes with the gun ... blones ?

you ever invsesting spunketh? Been spraying parex Maite recently....can spray 60m in morn with mesh and spat then hose and sponge, then short lunch and same again without cleaning a thing. A liberating experience loading the xl up with 7 30kg bags off the mains with 20m hose on with no probs. A beefy comp would sort the topcoat out with about a 90m range off the one fill of the machine....boootiful with just me and the 17 yr old lad, kind of restores ur faith in the outlay of the kit in the first place.

Rich are you spraying the adhesive with the swing too mixed off a whisk?

explain to me your process on the maite goody with the xl spraying it, I dont see why you would be hosing it and sponging it mate

fock me i need something that will do two things spray microgobetis and silicone texture from a bucket.

how cheap can i get such a toy..........
.....Blones....

the swing m is about 3 k i may be selling a used one and will spray microgobetis. the slot head is for spraying in a fan projecting from the gun. I would think microgobetis will go through the fan slot ead.

Darran if you spray maite with a swing gun and large compresssor it goes on very flat and mesh can be applied straight into it without the need to flatten it ready. cuts out one more process

explain to me your process on the maite goody with the xl spraying it, I dont see why you would be hosing it and sponging it mate
We spray a big panel on or two smaller panels one lift at a time top down. Takes less than a minute to get it on. We then quickly flatten off with spats and mesh as normal spatting to a good standard as you progress. Do the whole area then start another big panel...repeat whole thing so there's around 100m on the Walls. We then clean machine out and av grub. Load up van and then attach hose pipe with regular garden gun on shower setting. By this time the material tears if you spat it without water. Hose the whole lift down in seconds and two of us sponging to a give a nice flat but slightly brushed look to the panel. This provides an improved key for the topcoat whilst removing any spat lines or lumps and bumps. A 1.5mm finish looks mint on it. Works for us

I've always sponged my adhesive coat can't seem to get the lines out well enough from a spat .......you know on that job I did once lol

We spray a big panel on or two smaller panels one lift at a time top down. Takes less than a minute to get it on. We then quickly flatten off with spats and mesh as normal spatting to a good standard as you progress. Do the whole area then start another big panel...repeat whole thing so there's around 100m on the Walls. We then clean machine out and av grub. Load up van and then attach hose pipe with regular garden gun on shower setting. By this time the material tears if you spat it without water. Hose the whole lift down in seconds and two of us sponging to a give a nice flat but slightly brushed look to the panel. This provides an improved key for the topcoat whilst removing any spat lines or lumps and bumps. A 1.5mm finish looks mint on it. Works for us

righto that sounds like its working, We never sponge it we spread it up with a serrated trowel that evens out the gear exactly gently lay the mesh until flat on the surface but still half visible then we turn back later with a slightly wetter mix over that around 1 or 2 mm finishes of the spat or trowel it through as you go - leaves no lines still ready for 1.8.

Parex is 1mm or 1.8mm sand fine or sand course as they call em. no 1.5mm though - now thats a sad fact for yer right there Goody butt I hope you of all people appreciate it:RpS_thumbup:

Ha it's all about the fine details. At least that's what I keep banging on about on the scaffold! Been using alsecco silitect t 1.5mm over their insulation system. Not chosen the parex top coat yet. But it's defo gonna be sprayed. I used to do it in two coats religiously as you mention but now find one thicker coat with a sponged finish especially sprayed gets a better finish than spatted when the sun hits it. Worth a try I reckon John butt

might do that. I think blone was telling me that i need to change my set up slightly. maybe? cant remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.