PFT G4 X (the neXt generation)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
So I read on here these are now being sold in the uk ? a lad on here says he has an X.

whats the crack then what can they do and how do they stack up price wise compared with the current g4

PFT reviewed their range of machines and decided to tdy the programme up so its easier to buy what you want. Now they have the G4x and you select the version you want. Most popular in UK was G4light which is now g4 smart with water pump. Same price. The then updated the machine with some modifications to make it easier to service, move about and easier to work with.

I recon the g4 g5 is easier to clean down than the gravity feds as in on a big job you can leave gear in the hopper for the next day but ours is the full clean down every time. Thinking of welding a bracket onto ours so I can bolt the water pump onto it....

aye. you need to be on the ball with a gravity fed. we got it down so that when we get to the last metre there is hardly any in the hopper and its just whats in the pipes

its the same thing with a g4 John. If youre rendering with a g4 you try leave it run empty so its lighter to move about. it can be handy inside cos its easy to move them full or empty on nice floors

Yes, on the Monojet you can usually let the powder run down to the last metre. There is usually enough in the gorlla tubs from what has dribbled out of the gun and the priming gear if you do end up a bit short.

Does any of u guys find that with a gravity feed system if u let it run down the mix gets wetter?

But from the water settings you have posted that you use you do seem to spray much wetter than us anyway.

the material starts kicking up the lower the volume in the hopper. this means a bit less material gets mixed hence the wetter mix.

the material starts kicking up the lower the volume in the hopper. this means a bit less material gets mixed hence the wetter mix.

Never noticed that but come to think of it it does get wetter towards the last few m2?

Same here, but we seem to be about 25-30lph below your settings for everything.
I did wonder whether it's because you have the powercoat flow bottle and the whole lph thing isn't that well calibrated.
Or do you have your render spluttering out the gun and pissing down the walls? Lol

I always have it set up to spray a inch from the wall with bands melting in to each other. Dropping like 1cm each

Always sprayed top down but then the bottom lift being sheltered and taking water from above never sets! So last ocr job we went bottom up and it was a lot better on the setting time down below.

Always sprayed top down but then the bottom lift being sheltered and taking water from above never sets! So last ocr job we went bottom up and it was a lot better on the setting time down below.

Might give it a go at some point

never seen our mix get much wetter

i always thought the paddle pulled the material in enough to the point where it mixes perfect ll the way until the material is as low as the paddle blades before you get wet gush ooohhh. but thats right at the death

Status
Not open for further replies.