Perpetration

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbeesy718

Been to look at a job to cover some horrific artex and I'm goin to brown it out first as it's so deep, would just pva be ok or should I use a bonding agent if so what's best? Cheers jb

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

He's gonna use that much bonding over the art ex that the fixing could be compromised ,I say tear it down ,otherwise slabs could pull away or artex could pull away ,safe bet take it down

Been to look at a job to cover some horrific artex and I'm goin to brown it out first as it's so deep, would just pva be ok or should I use a bonding agent if so what's best? Cheers jb

Horrific artex is usually covering a horrific ceiling, i.e. it is fooked.
Do you really think adding more weight is the solution?
Overboard it or drop it and re-board it :RpS_thumbup:

EDIT: That's if it's a ceiling :RpS_blushing:

Last edited:

is it a ceiling? And are you talkin about using Browning?

The guy wants to spend as little as possible n doesn't want all the mess of ripping it off!! Iv got some micro gobis left from a render job would this be suitable for a bonding agent?

The guy wants to spend as little as possible n doesn't want all the mess of ripping it off!! Iv got some micro gobis left from a render job would this be suitable for a bonding agent?

Your the spread, you tell him how your gonna do it...................another fu@king customer with champagne ideas with lemonade money.....................:rolleyes)

Just the walls they all sound not blown ceiling was skimmed recently the other plasterer hasn't come back to do walls n apparently he wa gona scrape it back n skim it.

Another client with no money,bet he's got the money for a big fat plasma after you bust your balls for buttons,it would be as cheap to pull it down give or take a few quid

Just the walls they all sound not blown ceiling was skimmed recently the other plasterer hasn't come back to do walls n apparently he wa gona scrape it back n skim it.

i bet you he died!

His poor lab is probably gutted,he used to get good money out if him lol

He probably got a draw for materials and legged it that's why he has no money left heard it all before

Overboard the bugger, simples.. Unless it's an upside down Rocky Mountain affair (had one with inch thick artex spikes once).

What worries me is that you've got some Microgobetis left over from a rendering job and yet you don't know how to tackle a straight forward task like this.

What worries me is that you've got some Microgobetis left over from a rendering job and yet you don't know how to tackle a straight forward task like this.
Don't let it worry you Andy, embrace it. Fixing these peoples **** ups ensures I have a nice house and a brand new car and van every three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.