People working from home

Members online

No members online now.

Donzo

Guys,something that's well evident is people working from home.on domestics I have seen normally 1 or 2 people around outside school holidays prior to covid. But recently I had 5 adults at home when working. All going upstairs once dust sheets down.seen some tripping on them,even though been warned. I need a shower,bath etc,,,,.protect yourself get it in your terms conditions because they will be a big rise in claims against tradespeople for sure.saying to them is not good enough.
And by today's reports a lot of them ain't returning to offices.

Totally agree, if they can get to a loo then insist on clear space no access while you are working. I do this on sites at the mo. State the safety case then they cannot claim to not be aware of risk. You cannot deny all liability, but can show you have taken all reasonable steps - Cost in carpet tack instead of sheets, in traffic areas. Corex and tape etc.

Depends who you work for , never had a problem , good advice for dealing with strangers

Totally agree, if they can get to a loo then insist on clear space no access while you are working. I do this on sites at the mo. State the safety case then they cannot claim to not be aware of risk. You cannot deny all liability, but can show you have taken all reasonable steps - Cost in carpet tack instead of sheets, in traffic areas. Corex and tape etc.
Seen a old dear slip on tack,,,nothing is 100%,,,, they don't listen and now more have offices in rooms in domestics.
It's I need toilet,car keys in bedroom,end less b*ll***s.

Worth bearing in mind that it works the other way too. They're inviting you into their place of work, so you're well within your rights to ask to see their public liability and business insurance policies.

Any injury or loss to you working in someone's home can be claimed on their home insurance. However, if they're using their home as a place of work then they (or their employer) need to have insurance cover in place as home insurance won't cover them.

Worth bearing in mind that it works the other way too. They're inviting you into their place of work, so you're well within your rights to ask to see their public liability and business insurance policies.

Any injury or loss to you working in someone's home can be claimed on their home insurance. However, if they're using their home as a place of work then they (or their employer) need to have insurance cover in place as home insurance won't cover them.
Mebbe, worth a try, but according to the tax man only the room used as an office counts, so rest is domestic home.

Mebbe, worth a try, but according to the tax man only the room used as an office counts, so rest is domestic home.
That's for tax purposes. If you invite someone into your home as a private visit then your home insurance covers risk. If you're working from home and invite someone in either for your business or to carry out work/professional services etc then they are entering your place of work.

It's the same set up as building an extension, that and access to it become a place of work and subject to all the regulations and requirements (insurance H&S at work act etc).

/ Clown /Liability insurance end of ........

your welcome
Usual smart arses,some guys on this forum wont have liability,a good few i bet do not have any terms and conditions then if your customer aint accepted your terms and conditions then your liability is right up your ass if the have a accident on your tarps ,sheets or any other item of yours. They can just say you never instructed them. F### me

That's for tax purposes. If you invite someone into your home as a private visit then your home insurance covers risk. If you're working from home and invite someone in either for your business or to carry out work/professional services etc then they are entering your place of work.

It's the same set up as building an extension, that and access to it become a place of work and subject to all the regulations and requirements (insurance H&S at work act etc).
Thanx, that's worth bearing in mind, I do quite lot of installs in home office/homeworking environments.

Usual smart arses,some guys on this forum wont have liability,a good few i bet do not have any terms and conditions then if your customer aint accepted your terms and conditions then your liability is right up your ass if the have a accident on your tarps ,sheets or any other item of yours. They can just say you never instructed them. F### me
I learnt the hard way, two different incidents and several jobs not paid for.

Thanx, that's worth bearing in mind, I do quite lot of installs in home office/homeworking environments.
Like a lot of other stuff, you'd never normally mention/use it. It's handy to know if you get a customer trying to be a smart 4rse though.

Same goes for builders trying it on if you're doing work for them on a refurb or extension. If they start getting smart just ask them for a copy of the risk assessment which they have to do by law to comply with the CDM regulations.

Be careful out there I had a mate who when leaving a peep show booth in Amsterdam slipped on some cum and broke his wrist

Like a lot of other stuff, you'd never normally mention/use it. It's handy to know if you get a customer trying to be a smart 4rse though.

Same goes for builders trying it on if you're doing work for them on a refurb or extension. If they start getting smart just ask them for a copy of the risk assessment which they have to do by law to comply with the CDM regulations.

Soz world biggest businessman skimming an artex ceiling....ffs
Your still the forums biggest clown,I see,but give you that ,I laughed.