Penny lathes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark ross

Private Member
Lots of discussion on scrim,

Any body remember banging on sets over penny lathe and not needing ( or being told not needed) ye olde jute over them.

Bring on the old boys

i used them on tom cruises house and a large apartment in belgravia you had to scrim internals though

Never heard them called penny lathes before i remember gyproc lath board, i even saw gyproc paramount partition on a job the other day i thought that had gone out with the ark

lath boards

only used them a couple of times

specified by builder i subbed to back then

boarded ceilings of a whole house with em ,

shame they stopped making them ,you could bang them up all day long --no problem

Looks like you are right, last lot of literature I had showed them but nothing on the website now.

Anyway hot of the press BG have developed a skimming spraying plaster that finishes like multi and cna be completed in two passes, still think that it needs 3 tbh.

Always only ever known these to be reffered to as penny lathes by the old boys I worked with, maybe because the edge was round like a penny,but Im just guessing at this.Also sold as Gyproc lathe, I have not seen around for some years now.Which is probably a good thing.especially if your on a m2 rate.

Aye........16" wide and 4ft or 4ft 6" long. Wonder who would be first in the van and away home boarding ceilings with them, or with 8' x 4's?:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.