Pee'd off

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_spread

Private Member
Asked to price a job last week , "has to be daytime" I'm told. Sox I can't, working during day I say. Long story short, trapped nerve in neck on weds so look at job and give price. Haggle haggle haggle, agree price so " i can start Monday" . They ring to say what time on Monday ? , "8 am" I reply.
They ring at 7pm today to ask will I deffo be there on Monday at 8 ?, "yes, I reply, it's taken me ages to locate an architrave shadow gap bead but I'll be there"
10 pm, can I reduce the price by £100 cos they got a better price .

NO U ***** :RpS_cursing:

whats wrong with people theses days,, we never used to get all this **** years back,, once you and the customer both agreed the price it was sorted,, not these days, i hope you are busy enough to be able to tell them where to go

Asked to price a job last week , "has to be daytime" I'm told. Sox I can't, working during day I say. Long story short, trapped nerve in neck on weds so look at job and give price. Haggle haggle haggle, agree price so " i can start Monday" . They ring to say what time on Monday ? , "8 am" I reply.
They ring at 7pm today to ask will I deffo be there on Monday at 8 ?, "yes, I reply, it's taken me ages to locate an architrave shadow gap bead but I'll be there"
10 pm, can I reduce the price by £100 cos they got a better price .

NO U ***** :RpS_cursing:
Ring em tomorrow , tell them you will do it for 150 less your original price , and don't turn up,and when they ring to ask where you are just try and keep them hanging for as many days as poss

I had a job to start in a weeks time a decade back,drove by and saw plasterboard outside ,rang the guy and he said oh sorry ,it was a rush in the end,
another one where I had this tacker I used to recommend but he ended up nicking a job on me, lots of plastering work, I was too busy buti 'twas not the point,I rang him up, he grovelled,oh they kept asking me for a price, I said if the milkman asked your missus to drop her pants and she gaveinwould that be ok?

It is a p-iss take it's hard enough in this game without awkward customers the price is the price I won't come down on it otherwise I'd of already given it you the first time

I never ever haggle, give them the price and thats that... we shouldnt reduce ourselves to their level, I wont drop my price by a penny ...

I am with super spread tell them will do it a lot cheaper than original price don't turn up ,and when they ring tell them that's what happens when you mess me around I will mesh you around ,

I priced a job for a bird she wanted all the ceilings,lids,roof :RpS_laugh: in the 3 bed house she just brought skimmed so i gave her a price.
She called me up and said she had been quoted £50 cheaper by another spread and can i match that as they really wanted me to do the job:RpS_confused:
I said nope!................ phone went quiet for a while then she stuttered a couple of words and hung up:RpS_thumbup:
I aint got time for that shat

I priced a job for a bird she wanted all the ceilings,lids,roof :RpS_laugh: in the 3 bed house she just brought skimmed so i gave her a price.
She called me up and said she had been quoted £50 cheaper by another spread and can i match that as they really wanted me to do the job:RpS_confused:
I said nope!................ phone went quiet for a while then she stuttered a couple of words and hung up:RpS_thumbup:
I aint got time for that shat

The "I really want you to do it" speech is as good as "If you drop the price ive got LOADS of other work for you".............:rolleyes)

If you start dropping your price then any future work from that customer will be expected to be negotiated and rates are low enough, we all have the same bills to pay. i dont remember my mortgage company renegotiating my repayments or my council tax, even if i offered cash so why should customers expect it for trades.................IMO

Dropping prices, I'd tell them where to go, even if I lost the job. Principals don't pay your mortgage but at least you've got your pride, that can't be bought.

So as a local community we could renegotiate a discount on the who villages food bill as we collectively contribute the most to asda's local profit ?

I didnt say it was 10% i said we contribute the most to the local asda cos its a local town for local people............there is nothing for you here

funny how only one person is agreeing with the customer (expecting a discount),, in all my years plastering not once has a builder ever asked me for a discount and if they did they would have to find someone else to do their plastering

do you discount the customer for the money you take away from the subbys or are you a greedy **** who likes to earn money by not doing any work?

This year has been a lot slower start for us than normal, ive walked away from maybe 4 or 5 jobs because they've tried negotiating to the point of p1ss taking.

I've not had to drop my rates, ive still payed my bills, worked on my extension and spent some more time with my kids, and kept my pride. The phone always rings.

For just skimming or a little bit of boarding and skimming - £150 a day, I supply all materials (in fact, contractors have a card to use our trade account)

CIS always seems to be the biggest issue as people have a day rate in mind but then expect that as a take home figure and don't appreciate that it's not me getting 20% off them, it's going towards their tax liability (or even building up a rebate) at the end of the year.
so your saying you will start a subby on 150 then dangle a carrot and knock him down to 130?

For just skimming or a little bit of boarding and skimming - £150 a day, I supply all materials (in fact, contractors have a card to use our trade account)

CIS always seems to be the biggest issue as people have a day rate in mind but then expect that as a take home figure and don't appreciate that it's not me getting 20% off them, it's going towards their tax liability (or even building up a rebate) at the end of the year.

Fair wage don't go lower then that and if some is moaning about paying tax they are idiots

From experience I know the ones (builders) who will always ask for a better price and that is exactly why I always quote high for their jobs. Just let them think they are getting a better price and they are in clover. It is a principal that has worked well for DFS and the like for years so, just apply it to your pricing structure when dealing with certain customers and hey presto. It may not work 100% but when pricing for any work it is never 100% your going to get it anyway.

I hate when I give a price to a builder for a one off , and he says I don't have that amount in for it .
Sod off and learn to price you gobshite

Irish Fine Art Plasterwork

I know a builder just like that he'll ring up saying he's got a kitchen to board & skim or whatever & say but the only thing is there's not much in the pot lmao :RpS_laugh:
So I always say oh didn't you price the plastering work into the job then lol.
Funny how I'm always busy when those jobs come up :RpS_wink:

I had a kitchen fitter i used to do a few bits for, he tried to knock £30 off everyone's day rate blaming the current climate. I refused and walked the rest dropped their rates, we later found out that he makes £30 on each of the trades he has in "which is fair enough as hes a contractor" however he was still booking jobs out as he was before so he Now makes £60 on each of the blokes.

He occasionally rings me to go in and help push things on, which is awkward as i do the same amount of work as the others just for £30 a day more. Hes notoriously greedy and is slowly losing subbies. Without them he has no business.

I had already gone in strong on the original price because it was for an ethnic (couldn't tell over phone) and I knew he'd haggle to within an inch of his life bit to agree a price, ring to confirm and then 3 hrs later want to haggle again.
:RpS_cursing: I want to punch the cant

Status
Not open for further replies.