Pebbledashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPlastering

Im starting a extension where the front ,side above garage and gable and then the rear , we arnt using beads on reviels etc , can you return a angle the next day etc for front side and back ?? Puzzled at how to do it apart from very carefully ??? Dont really want to hoy it all on in a day as theres **** loads really

As im thinking about it i still cant find away around it with out putting beads on which is no good really , its for a builder day rate aswell ..... It might end up as a price yet .....

U shouldnt really for traditional dashing , the house at the moment is painted dashing and the stuff im putting on is getting painted , the house now doesnt have been on any angles :) @dredge3

Last edited by a moderator:
I never did much dashing. Mainly work on my own and usually only a few quotes a year. Must admit. Its where the money is

u can do it if u use a 45 angle on a planed lath bench saw is best for job but u could do it with a skil saw just nail late up take it down next day

you should not have any probs turning an angle the next day, do it all the time,, i never use beads for pebble dashing

Work up to the corner,go 2 to 3 inch onto the other elovation,use your Darby to form a neat edge with your mortar all the way down your corner,then when you come to dash put your Darby back on the angle as you go down it.

Cheers chaps , tiger i want to do them seperate , thats how u would do if it was all going on , plasterman -leebo would you just hold straight egde up the side u had done the day before to protect it and jus hoy the gear on up to the edge off the latte not working to straight edge ? Hope u understand that lol

yes i would hold a straight edge up
to protect the side done the day before, ( but its not essential) then when ready carefully throw stones on,, if reveals are dashed i would do them same time as wall

Sound leebo :RpS_thumbsup: A na the pebbles should have a hold by the next day really like , why wouldnt we dash the reveals? We would do them with the joining wall etc it was just the angles between front back and side i was asking about :)

Aye so you would do ur reveals first then dash inside of it , wey ad do it what ever way he customer wants to be honest lol

Pritty sure most houses though the reveals are dashed in all ? Al have a look about never noticed any/many done like that

Pritty sure most houses though the reveals are dashed in all ? Al have a look about never noticed any/many done like that

Depends where in the country you are.

In my neck of the woods they are dashed but in Wales I notice they are rendered. I prefer plain reveals but humans are lemmings. They have what the the majority have.

Didn't know that Rigsby, I always thought it was laziness doing them that way, it don't look good anyhoo IMO :RpS_thumbup:

Depends where in the country you are.

In my neck of the woods they are dashed but in Wales I notice they are rendered. I prefer plain reveals but humans are lemmings. They have what the the majority have.

Lemmings :)

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

as long as the angle of the base coat is straight you just lay ur gear up to it, cut the excess of,then dash. same for the other side or the reveal or whatever angle u doing. its just freehand and the dash knock any excess gear of to leave a nice angle

Lemmings :)

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Yes Lemmings!

We follow the majority rather than do our own thing. I am opposite to the lemming. Most people around me are SWFC supporters, I do not follow footie at all. Get on the moors at 6am (well did before my knee became dicky) and came off the moors when the lemmings in their droves started coming on. Loved the days of being on Kinder Scout and not seeing a house or human. Just me, the grouse and sheep and my faithful Labrador who had to be kept on the sodding lead as he liked to 'worry' the sheep.

as long as the angle of the base coat is straight you just lay ur gear up to it, cut the excess of,then dash. same for the other side or the reveal or whatever angle u doing. its just freehand and the dash knock any excess gear of to leave a nice angle

I wouldnt be doing them free hand r u mad a big feather edge is handy ......

I get the scratch coat bang flat and the corners straight and true. If doing say a wall and window reveals at the same time then form a straight angle both sides with a straight edge and use the same straight edge on the corners when dashing. If say you are dashing the wall today and the reveals tomorrow or vice versa then straight edge today and neat as you can go up to the angle tomorrow free hand. I find using a straight edge tomorrow on the previous days dashing can sometimes allow the gobbo to creep around the corner onto the previous days pebbles.

Watch for suction on the thickness of the previous days thickness of render you are about to go over. Pre-wet or even some waterproof pva.

seen reveals done both ways,, i personally prefer it when the reveals are dashed,,, just think it looks better

ps i always put water proofer in the first coat and lime in the second coat and sometimes still hose down first coat if there is suction

we done one last week with arch window and door heads.
fit angle beads , lay on proud of the angle beads, then dash. this gives you a decent angle and easy to do the return wall.

you can apply window/door reveals either plain ( which looks nice, or pebbles, then just return them next day , use a straightedge and hit into that, makes a neater job actually because your going against a dry arris...

you can apply window/door reveals either plain ( which looks nice, or pebbles, then just return them next day , use a straightedge and hit into that, makes a neater job actually because your going against a dry arris...

Quite right Cassie. Those big walls in summer and when you consider how much time is lost on reveals and forming corners it is a lot safer getting the reveals out of the way first and having that hard angle to work to. Less chance of a piecing line.

I still do it if I can motivate the lads to set off home that bit later to make tomorrow easier and safer.

The way everyone does it here. Looks good when its right but obviously the more effort goes toward improving a finish shows.

Yeah i understand that matey , i was meaning like if i used a latte on a 45 and done the front of extension and then the side of the extension the next day :) i na the crack with doin both sides of a angle in one go reveals etc , i shoukd na how to dk am 4th gen plasterer me dad didnt really no apart from more hands on and get the full wack done in a day front back and side thank you chaps

Status
Not open for further replies.