pebbledash

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dashing is an enigma! Even the best dashers have bad days & don't know why?
There are no answers to your questions ... only experience from lessons learned!

Dashing is a doddle to us if we set our stall out. Messy though.

Going out of fashion now people want flat render.

Dashing is a doddle to us if we set our stall out. Messy though.

Going out of fashion now people want flat render.
I love dashing and it is pretty comfortable if you set your stall out right !?
As you say a lot want these modern render systems now?? I still prefer sand/cement just plain floated and sponged, maybe formed quoin stones to make it bit more interesting obviously depending on the property??

Everyone has failed to mention the fact of throwing the stone is an art itself, you need to know the angle to throw the stone, how hard and crucially being able to flick the harling trowel in the right direction.

Everyone has failed to mention the fact of throwing the stone is an art itself, you need to know the angle to throw the stone, how hard and crucially being able to flick the harling trowel in the right direction.
This is very true I've done a fair bit of dashing and u can't spend enough time setting up right somebody once told me when u harl the stones only 30 percent stays on the wall so that's a lot to pick up if u don't prep it right

i do'nt think your right ryanwart to need two to do it. i have seen one man do it alone. there are videos on youtube with only one man look at them mate

I know the dude if you have seen it ... Does like a long narrow panel in about a min and bit or sumit havin abit of a carry on lol dunbar plastering

I'd do it with some one else alot easier n bit Less stress I is possbile with on person like some one says it depends on size , weather and suction if high suction and hot weather there no point doing it but my option is just pay sum one else

Status
Not open for further replies.