pebbledash

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a quote on pebbledashing kitchen extension. it is only a storey high. i've done rendering before. how much do you put on renderwise before dashing would you put a couple squrare on or would you put a whole wall on and then do it. i admit do'nt know abour pebbledashing thankyou for any advice

Dont take this the wrong way but if you haven't done pebbledashing before just forget it!! Unless you can get an experienced spread to show you the ropes!!??
So much can go wrong if your not organised and you'll end up not getting paid

Depends on suction , a nice wall with waterproofer left for a week could allow you to put on full wall, then fall back and dash,depends on the weather ,depends on the stones, not too wet or dry.depends on the plasterer, best to get experienced help

:RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:

lovin it dave:RpS_lol:

mans best friend indeed:RpS_thumbup:

risky move mate if you get caught out it could go terribly wrong. if you do go for it have all chips ready and catch trays just keep checking incase it takes up to quick. better still you coat and get a competent spread to hit behind you

i have a quote on pebbledashing kitchen extension. it is only a storey high. i've done rendering before. how much do you put on renderwise before dashing would you put a couple squrare on or would you put a whole wall on and then do it. i admit do'nt know abour pebbledashing thankyou for any advice

Dave main thing to remember is do not put the chips on upside down, or even worse inside out, apart from that crack on.

thanks guys i want to try things that i ca'nt do so thought this would be okay just being small perhaps you are right so i will leave it. maybe i will test on my brothers garage for practice otherwise how will i ever know to do it. i will leave this one. would you damp this wall with just water or would you use sbr on it or in the cement mix? thanks

i do'nt think your right ryanwart to need two to do it. i have seen one man do it alone. there are videos on youtube with only one man look at them mate

i have a quote on pebbledashing kitchen extension. it is only a storey high. i've done rendering before. how much do you put on renderwise before dashing would you put a couple squrare on or would you put a whole wall on and then do it. i admit do'nt know abour pebbledashing thankyou for any advice[/QUOTE

first he carnt price a box room now he carnt dash , what next :RpS_thumbup:

ryan is not wrong mate its no just that easy to pick up a trowel and go for it hes advising you on how not to make a cock of it. listen to the guy. ther are lots of us that can go dashing alone with the right size panels. but to be a beginner and try it you would need a hand mate

Dave, you've asked for advice and the experienced guys have given you said advice. If you don't want to listen to the answers don't ask the question.

If you want to learn then get with some decent spreads to learn. It's the only way unless you want loads of grief from your clients etc=no more work.

Eee dave why has it took so long for you to join , u amuse me :RpS_thumbsup: A wouldnt go price something i didnt know nothing about. Pritty much the same as me saying a have a boiler to fit how do you do it ?? Can any one help me ?? Cheers ! Haha

Work with a dasher first. It looks very easy but there are lots that can go wrong. Like at this time of year no suction so slumping but in summer same wall but suction. The top 150mm of the wall drying when the rest appears ok and suction from air bricks etc. creating corners with a stick or even knowing how to dash up to a corner bead both sides when wet.

It boils down to experience and lots of it. You will balls up in your early days we all have but you find out how you balled up and learn by it. No excuse to make the same mistake twice.

If you have not pebbledash before then forget it - scratch coat with waterproofer and left to dry for a week to kill off suction , add lime in butter coat and do one section at a time - need two spreadies working together - one lay on butter coat and other one dash the stones otherwise buttercoat will be bit hard then pebbles will fall down.

Done loads on my own using a good labourer mate.. small extension would be easy enough on your own.. if ya know whats what...

thanks cassie i knew i was right. ryan is just saying what he thinks people want to hear. people do'nt like what i say but i am not the kinda person to lie. thanks for all the postive advice the other advice i will not comment on i am trying to not get caught up in arguments:RpS_biggrin:

Good labourer as cassie said is main thing, prep and set everything needed out , damp the wall lay on panel but stay up from drips about a foot dash on then do drip last. Around heads, reveals and quoins dry faster than rest usually so lay them on slightly fatter. keep catching sheets clean and same side up for every throw. Make sure new spa is clean washed with no dust or water in bags, and be careful how clean the caught spa is before dashing it back on again. If coloured compo do test area to see dry shade.

i do'nt think your right ryanwart to need two to do it. i have seen one man do it alone. there are videos on youtube with only one man look at them mate
I'm sure he knows you don't have to mate! But if he's anything like us , we will get the whole job ready for dash, bring in another spread to lay on in front as I dash behind, knocking the whole job on the head. I have done garages etc on my own before, but why put yourself through it? An overcast day not too warm without wind would be perfect to dash also!

Status
Not open for further replies.