Pebble dashing

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Got some pebble dashing to do . Patch job. Only ever done reveals before and pushed most in with me hand it was that small of a job . This is about 1
A foot by 10 foot..do I put second coat of render on and chuck pebbles on straight away or let it pull in a bit . Also seen some second coat with a light coloured cement . Is this what you have to use . Kids not to fussed but want it to look right

Pushed in in with my hand....
I go straight over with dry dashing, but it's getting mix right in the first instance.

Got some pebble dashing to do . Patch job. Only ever done reveals before and pushed most in with me hand it was that small of a job . This is about 1
A foot by 10 foot..do I put second coat of render on and chuck pebbles on straight away or let it pull in a bit . Also seen some second coat with a light coloured cement . Is this what you have to use . Kids not to fussed but want it to look right

i like to put the stone on with a pea shooter !

I like to scratch coat with a hard outside
Sweeping brush when dashing..the reason for this is it gives you a mechanical key and saves any sliding down the wall when chucking the stones..lay a nice neat top coat catch tray down then fire away with a hurling trowel..it’s not rocket science it’s purely in the mix..practice makes perfect m8;)

I like to scratch coat with a hard outside
Sweeping brush when dashing..the reason for this is it gives you a mechanical key and saves any sliding down the wall when chucking the stones..lay a nice neat top coat catch tray down then fire away with a hurling trowel..it’s not rocket science it’s purely in the mix..practice makes perfect m8;)
Don' want it to become a regular thing lol was gonna scratch coat tomoz then go inside skim stairs . Then a neat top coat let it pull in a bit before chucing it on day after

Don' want it to become a regular thing lol was gonna scratch coat tomoz then go inside skim stairs . Then a neat top coat let it pull in a bit before chucing it on day after
So you think that one days curing is enough for a basecoat?

well you need to man up then..2 pairs of socks..decent jacket Wolly hat for your nut and don’t forget the “jock strap” for the lose stones to fall out of the crack of your arse ;)

Here’s my winter dashing strap ;)

Attachments

• BF516C2F-1C95-418C-A489-156735E2A2D3.png
    BF516C2F-1C95-418C-A489-156735E2A2D3.png
    646.1 KB · Views: 235
well you need to man up then..2 pairs of socks..decent jacket Wolly hat for your nut and don’t forget the “jock strap” for the lose stones to fall out of the crack of your arse ;)
Haha that' what I wear inside this time of year. Seriously I know more cash outside but colds not for me

If you're dry dashing don't let it pull in too much. Make the receiver almost fluffy, so it spreads, if the stones are bigger, obviously need a heavier coat, but generally you're not too bad depth wise, slightly less than a float coat,but heavier than a scratch. (way we do it anyways) coat it on nice and flat, coat up and down then trowel across it, and flick the stones at it. If you let it pull in, the stones won't stick right, will bounce off. If it's roughcast, better to let it pull in a bit, but it sounds like normal dry dash uv described