pebble dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

what ratio do you use for the butter coat

i dunno wether its just the **** sand but can never seem to butter the mix up enough to hit a big section before throwing the stones

just seems to draw the life outta it and sometimes struggle to get stones to stick

p.s i hate pebble dash at the best of times tried talking em in to having a flat finish lol

Enough waterproofer in scratch should sort that out,if I have ever not liked the workability of the sand when doing the scratch,I will add yellow building sand for the top coat at 75% plastering sand to 25% yellow building sand,I wouldn't go any more than that but it's usually enough.:RpS_thumbup:

5-1-1 or sometimes 4.1.1,, the lime is obviously very important to make it creamy, like kgreigh says a bit of yellow sand certanaly makes it easier to work with, give it a good soaking if needed

5-1-1 or sometimes 4.1.1,, the lime is obviously very important to make it creamy, like kgreigh says a bit of yellow sand certainly makes it easier to work with, give it a good soaking if needed

your local where do you get your sand from my local place only see that red sand

One good soaking with a hose first thing then another once everything's ready to go, a bit of unibond along your joints will keep them cool for any big elevations to give u a bit of a breather

Status
Not open for further replies.