pebble dash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easier if it is wet up to wet. You need to know how to mask the first side if you are going to dash up to it when it has gone green.

And you can also do it if u don't know what you are doing.........

But it will look s**t:RpS_thumbsup:

just got some patching to do and have it to marra in with the execting but there is no bead at dpc level is it just a case of holding a straight edge as i hav always used beads

just got some patching to do and have it to marra in with the execting but there is no bead at dpc level is it just a case of holding a straight edge as i hav always used beads

Yep use a nice clean feather edge, wet it down hold in position, apply material and dash whilst still in place, slide up and away, then gently hold your newly cleaned edge against the freshly dashed side, apply your gear and dash , it's pretty simple really just a bit fiddly

as warrior said,and never use a bead on pebble dashing only bell cast or stops,you should also rule the scratch coat but no one ever does lol

It's pretty easy if you know what your doing. Warrior has pretty muc summed it up for you just make sure you don't apply too much pressure on the straight edge as it will be a bugger to slide off on the wet side and would dig in on dashed side, if you get me.

If the block work is good and level then there's no need to rule scratch coat.
never have I had to rule scratch coat and this will always be the case, unless 'they' want to pay extra

The mix is fine mate, we use a different sand from yous lot down south

Ive been using the coloured renders these days. Powerwall mostly but I think that is a scots thing aswell

As warrior has said but then there is the problem of getting it nice and flush with the surrounding dashing. Either prime with waterproof unbind or give the piecing a good drink. Go up to existing dashing with a dry edge will give you a dry piecing. What an eye sore! Stop the suction and and get a perfect joint.

Unless you a good spread that can do a perfect flat scratch coat then at least rule the scratch to take the bumps off. A flat dash will reward you no ends.

Sometimes rule the scratch on bad brick work/block its right way but when background doesnt need it will just scratch.if it does its in with price.but never over charge someone to do it right!lol

has anyone one done wet dash like this way b4????
scratch coat with s&c freefow,
2nd coat s&c freeflow,
then next day wet dash with lime, straight back onto the 2nd coat????
people say u get a flatter finish???

You can feel if the blockwork is dodgy and yes I would run my derby(!) over it if that was the case. Always try to make life easier for yourself on the final coat :RpS_thumbup:

YEAH, I still use a derby!!!!!!!

has anyone one done wet dash like this way b4????
scratch coat with s&c freefow,
2nd coat s&c freeflow,
then next day wet dash with lime, straight back onto the 2nd coat????
people say u get a flatter finish???

i have done it on both the hard scratch coat and on a butter coat. The butter coat is the better. The scratch coat can show through on a hard scratch coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.