Pebble dash on render board

Members online

dean01

hi people,

I've got a customer with Timber framed extension with aqua panel on! Wants pebble dashed to match the house, surely this will crack. Should I tape joint or lay a coat of rend aid on with mesh first , will that help, all suggestions welcome.

Thanks

I've done it, questioned it at the time but the developer said crack on (excuse the pun) we used alumasc scrim adhesive and full mesh then their lightweight polymer dash receiver and dry dashed it. Good stuff, absolutely solid when cured and not a crack in site.

I thought dash on a carrier board was a no no?....im sure I read it on here, so it must be true:crying:

He
hi people,

I've got a customer with Timber framed extension with aqua panel on! Wants pebble dashed to match the house, surely this will crack. Should I tape joint or lay a coat of rend aid on with mesh first , will that help, all suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Hello Dean

I am the Knauf Aquapanel Technical Manager

As Owls has said above, you need to use a modern thin coat basecoat and mesh to the boards first, then look at s modern lightweight dash receiver (Parex Maitie, or similar, is commonly used)

After the modern basecoat and mesh, it is possible to use a thin S&C dash layer (10mm), but these are notoriously brittle - timber frames will settle, so there will be a risk

Always have a movement joint between the existing property and new extension

Get in touch if you want more assistance

Richard Lord
Knauf
07918 766577
Rlord@knauf.co.uk