Pba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used some PBA for the first time yesterday on a wall & it was all going well till i realised most the grit was still in the bottom of the tub ffs!! By then it was on the wall. It skimmed ok this mornin but was a bit worried if it will stick properly without the right amount of grit on the wall?? Does anyone know where i can buy a proper stirring stick from save this happening again ??

Used some PBA for the first time yesterday on a wall & it was all going well till i realised most the grit was still in the bottom of the tub ffs!! By then it was on the wall. It skimmed ok this mornin but was a bit worried if it will stick properly without the right amount of grit on the wall?? Does anyone know where i can buy a proper stirring stick from save this happening again ??

Use the mixing paddle on your mixer on full speed, please video it and post on here , so that no one makes the same mistake as
you when using this product:RpS_wink: and did the instructions on the side of the tub not give you a clue "Stir thoroughly before and during use"

thanks d*m**o but i dont mean the cheap paddle ive got one of them, its an actual stirring stick im after? thanks anyway mate where you from ? Warrior i did stir it! In the tub with my brush then poured into my rolling tray, but this was'nt enough as i found out later. Irish you can have it mate but you will have to collect it from my place :)

An old hand held electric food mixer of a car boot also good for knocking up tile grout

Dunc you are a definate wind up mate, is it not obvious to use a bit of roofing batten as a stiring stick.
Not a wind up mate you can buy stirring sticks just not sure where? And no it wasn't obvious to use a bit of roofing batten, what do you want me to do go on the customers roof & remove their roof tiles Lol :) doesnt matter now any way the jobs done it was only 1 wall in a bathroom that will be painted the other 3 i put bonding coat on are being tiled. Ill look in homebase on saturday see if they sell the stir sticks!

:RpS_lol::RpS_lol: your funny, we used to have our own stiring stick which started out life as a bit of roofing batten wot i am saying dunc just get a bit out of a skip i suspect there will be a roof being done in your area just take a bit of the old batten out i dont think the roofers would mind simple.

Not a wind up mate you can buy stirring sticks just not sure where? And no it wasn't obvious to use a bit of roofing batten, what do you want me to do go on the customers roof & remove their roof tiles Lol :) doesnt matter now any way the jobs done it was only 1 wall in a bathroom that will be painted the other 3 i put bonding coat on are being tiled. Ill look in homebase on saturday see if they sell the stir sticks!
Bonding coat and are going to be tiled :-0

Bonding coat and are going to be tiled

I use me hands if its WBA but there only couple inches deep, if its a 10l Tub Id be up to me ******* elbows so best off using a stick :D

Status
Not open for further replies.