patching

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicksey1401

hello chaps we're patching on site at the mo :(, chases old doorways etc.
the existing walls are a silk paint so weve being filling with h/wall cutting the edges back and skimming, im brushing the overflow of plaster back with my brush into the patch and trying to patch it into the join as best as poss but as you all know you normally end up at least 6 inches away with fat by the time you've finished, the painter started today and the roller is picking the plaster up off the edges, do you lads always unibond the edge even if it's a silky paint?

suppose it might be better to give it a good blast with some coarse sandpaper, then pva it..is the paint coming away with the bits of plaster? or just the plaster?

I allways two coat skim into the join i clean off the excess after every trowel and every coat i also like to use a sponge instead of the brush i wouldnt plaster on to the paint .

the rollers pulling bits of plaster and the painters scraping bits off which in all fairness do fall off if you get youre nail behind it
cheers for the replies lads i don't like unibonding the edge cause it seems to take hours to do anything and just slides down the walls but rubbing up the edge sounds a good idea for a key or like you say church keep finding the edge with a sponge, again thankyou very much you're both very very nice young men ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.