Patching terylene.

Members online

loky11

Whats the best way to match this ? Just with a normal arm wreck gun ?

Attachments

• 20201103_171949.jpg
    12.6 MB · Views: 215
Whats the best way to match this ? Just with a normal arm wreck gun ?
Trick will be in the consistency of the material, lean your spot or piece of wood and do a couple of test patches instead of firing straight onto a panel. Keep stirring your mix so sediment doesn't sit to the bottom, quite a wet mix. Personally I put a drop of sbr in as well

Trick will be in the consistency of the material, lean your spot or piece of wood and do a couple of test patches instead of firing straight onto a panel. Keep stirring your mix so sediment doesn't sit to the bottom, quite a wet mix. Personally I put a drop of sbr in as well

Cheers, what mix do you use ? I don't do another of tyrolene.

People vary in opinion on mix ratio, some say 3&1 , some 4&1
Personally I'm 4&1, @Rigsby will give a good opinion. What's the background?

Not sure yet, they've asked me to knock of above windows where the lintles are, I'm guessing their steel as it seems to be blowing render off round them areas.

I did one the other week. The mix i use is 3 builders sand , 1 cement, 3 parts water to 1 sbr, a glug of waterproofer and a touch of Feb. Mix with a drill it creams up lovely.

Getting it to match will not only need the same wetness but the wear on the tyroleaning machine, so down to a bit of experimentation.

Minster insulation round here stocks Cullamix or try Johnstones one coat render thats a good alternative.

also consider it is painted that has took the sharpness off.

Getting it to match will not only need the same wetness but the wear on the tyroleaning machine, so down to a bit of experimentation.

Minster insulation round here stocks Cullamix or try Johnstones one coat render thats a good alternative.

also consider it is painted that has took the sharpness off.

I did think about the sharpness and paint, I have told them it might not patch in well as I've not done alot of it.

The nearer you hold the flicker gun to the wall the flatter the finish. If you play about with the distance and wetness of the mix you can exactly match it. You just need a bit of patience.