Patching scratch render/monocuche

rt88

Has anyone got any tips for blending in? In an ideal world I would prefer to do whole panels but we do insurance reinstatements that are dictated by a surveyor.

Has anyone got any tips for blending in? In an ideal world I would prefer to do whole panels but we do insurance reinstatements that are dictated by a surveyor.

Tell the surveyor that you only carry out quality work not a botched job that he wants.
You are putting your name on the line as the only thing that will be remembered is that you carried out the work.

The top coat has got to be knocked back completely in the area you want to patch then put on very careful so you don't smudge wet gear onto the existing when applied back on let it do its thing for however long it needs then very very carefully without scraping the existing use the back of your trowel to tickle it into the existing filling bits with your thumb if needed
Tape the edge if you want or just stay very slightly away from it and push it in when it's dried a bit
Colours will dry a different shade usually you'll be able to see it when it's dry but whites blend in much better

Tell the surveyor that you only carry out quality work not a botched job that he wants.
You are putting your name on the line as the only thing that will be remembered is that you carried out the work.
Tried that mate buy as we are employed we have to do what we are told to a certain extent. It's crazy as sometimes we patch 5m2 of a 10m2 panel the other times we will redo a full area for one hole in a wall. If we don't agree we normally just make sure we exchange messages stating why we don't want to do things that way so if it ever comes back we have it there.

The top coat has got to be knocked back completely in the area you want to patch then put on very careful so you don't smudge wet gear onto the existing when applied back on let it do its thing for however long it needs then very very carefully without scraping the existing use the back of your trowel to tickle it into the existing filling bits with your thumb if needed
Tape the edge if you want or just stay very slightly away from it and push it in when it's dried a bit
Colours will dry a different shade usually you'll be able to see it when it's dry but whites blend in much better
Its all already know knocked back etc for us. I was thinking going down the tape route, to be honest it's the first time I've ever hadto patch monocuche. And hopefully the last

Its all already know knocked back etc for us. I was thinking going down the tape route, to be honest it's the first time I've ever hadto patch monocuche. And hopefully the last
Just make sure you don't smudge wet gear underneath the edge of the tape it's real easy to get underneath and it will shine the edges
It's not hard and it ain't fast either