Patching Pebbledashing. Help Needed!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve28

Hi all,
When I bought my house we used to have a crappy plastic shelter above the door which I sharp knocked down but it has left my pebbledashing in a bit of a state around the door.
I know absolutely nothing about pebbledashing so if anyone can give me an idiots guide to patching the areas then please let me know.
p.s. I mean a complete idiots guide, i.e. materials needed(I have a bag of canterbury spa though), mixing ratios, surface preparation, etc.
Thanks in advance

i'll have a pop, probably best to ask church  ;)..........but i'd wet down the block enough to stop the suction then give it a 4-1 scratch coat or poss a 3-1 then 4-1(inc small amt of w/proofer) to dub it out to about 7/9mm from the surface
then youll need white cement and prebagged lime render or noblow?............errr is that what it's called?
give it a butter coat and throw youre stones into it, be carefull of the edges and dont lay too much s/c into the join or itll overlap and youll get a noticeable join
on the angles do the same but get someone to hold an edge up and work into this turning it around to do the other side
i'd take the gutter off aswell mate to give you a bit of room
with the detail on the head mate id form it into a normal angle with youre scrtach coat or curve it if you like :)

Spar is impossible to patch even if you do it perfectly it will look completly different to the rest, i would suggest just spar it with clean chippings then just paint the whole house at least then you havent got aload of patches that stick out like a sore thumb ;D

little trick i picked up as a window fitter was a) nip down the side of the house b) use trowel to scrape a load of chippings of the wall (they come off lovely) c) butter up the patch and hurl said chippings at it d) watch the customer gape at the amazingly good match i got with the chippings ::)

The stuff nickseys on about is called noblow its just lime putty and sand but its realy sticky if thats not available to you just use pit sand with a bit of hydrated lime thats just as sticky you still have to add cement to it though if you go for the paint job just use normal cement if not white as nicksey suggested :) when throwing the stones try not to throw them straight at it or it will just bunch it all up try to flick it on and spread the stone theres bit of a nack to it but once you get it its pretty easy but bloody messy you will need a spar bat or coal shovel to throw the stone dont do it with your hands as it hurts after about 3 throws ;D ;D

no but its funny watching the lad protecting the windows ;D...........dance mutha fuc*a :D

No need for scaffold i think nickseys onto something here just lay it on off a ladder (seen people doing that a few times crazy b**tards) and fire it all on with a catapult big giant one ;D

it'd probably be the only time we see labourers enjoying work :-/

How much do you think it'll cost to get all the materials to do this job, i'm guessing that I'll prob have to buy in quantities much more than I need.
And how much would you charge to patch it to a customer?
If the difference isn't massive i think i'll just pay someone to do it.

Thanks church, well its not worth my time trying do the job myself and potentially making a mess a being left with all the excess materials, I might as well get someone else to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.