Patching in k rend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shunter

Hi all

Any tips on patching in k rend on the window reveals. I'm a window fitter and have never had any problems matching the spar, render etc. This will be the first time on using k rend so want to get it right first time!
I must add the reveals are at 90 degrees are not angle beaded?????!!!! Basically one tap to the window sent the cracks off, we ended up taking them all off in the end.
I do have photos if that helps, but not sure how to put them on
any help would great

Patching k rend... nitemare mate but can be done with the right technique. K rend is a colourd unpainted render so if the mix isnt right the patch will stand out like a sore thumb. I usely do a full mix to patch up the smallest of holes so the consistency is the same but it takes a little experience. The easiest way i found for patching is to order the all new magical krend paint!!! U give them a small sample of each render u need to patch up and they send you out the krend paint next day delivery with the exact colour mix. Hope this helps once painted on you will never tell...

I have right correct colour match so hopefully if it's done right it won't have to be painted!! The reveals into the window itself is quite a smooth finish as if it hasn't been rubbed up???!!! Its the face of the building that the worry where bits are off but its a textured finish. I'm guessing this what happens when it get rubbed up??

A patch will be a patch and K rend is crap to repair. Anyway youve still got the dilemma of doing it so lay the material on a couple of mil prouder than the existing render keeping your joint edge clean. When the render has set firm take a fine hacksaw blade and gently scrape away from the existing finish.
Try not to scrape the original render as the colour will lighten up and just use a soft hand brush to blend in the edges.

I reckon hes the only window fitter who gives a damn about patching in afterwards, and as for them cavity wall cowboys:RpS_lol:

Cheers all, why is it the reveals haven't been beaded?? The rest of the complex is beaded out with the white plastic on the doors and garage openings but not the windows??!! Im a small company based in Bristol so take pride in the way the job is finished. Anyway sounds easy... apply k rend 2mm thicker than existing, leave a day or so, then rub back..... Doddle!!! Be back on tomorrow to tell how bad it went, and where to get that paint!!!!!!

Cheers all, why is it the reveals haven't been beaded?? The rest of the complex is beaded out with the white plastic on the doors and garage openings but not the windows??!! Im a small company based in Bristol so take pride in the way the job is finished. Anyway sounds easy... apply k rend 2mm thicker than existing, leave a day or so, then rub back..... Doddle!!! Be back on tomorrow to tell how bad it went, and where to get that paint!!!!!!

oh dear

very hard to match in!say you are patching ivory for instance each batch will vary slightly it defo wont look right i think as stated you will be ordering the paint

put masking tape on the original before applying repair

That is good advice Gibbo. Maybe if he downloaded the Weber repair system sheet it would have helped. I would have put neat sbr on the joint.

Perhaps if it is the whole house of windows he could have used those raised beads like they have in ireland or made his own out of stop beads.

find out if you can, how long it was left originally before it was scrapped back, the difference in shades between different scratch times can be quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.