Patching ceiling

Members online

carys

Is it posible to patch a new ceiling whithout showing inperfection. When the sun hit at certain time a day? I don't think so! but this painter on job thinks you can

Problem I see with blends is when scrim just overlapped onto existing and skimmed. A bit tedious, but cut back the existing skim around edges, before scrim. Small patches I’ve sometimes just easifilled and sanded.

Problem I see with blends is when scrim just overlapped onto existing and skimmed. A bit tedious, but cut back the existing skim around edges, before scrim. Small patches I’ve sometimes just easifilled and sanded.
OK till Sun get shadows at certain time of days. Just close your eyes for 30minute

This came out pretty good
4442C89C-01BF-454F-A0B1-FAC26B37AD66.jpeg

You need to get a decent straight edge across.
I've setup those corex £4 sheets at windows to block light and put spot light across to see what is going on.
I've advised to skim the ceiling sometimes to hide repair.

You need to get a decent straight edge across.
I've setup those corex £4 sheets at windows to block light and put spot light across to see what is going on.
I've advised to skim the ceiling sometimes to hide repair.

just upgraded to an 8” straight edge

I use 3m aluminium vertical blind track. Help yourself when I asked if I could have one from the 50+ pile. I took one. Should of took 10 as brilliant. When fitting board to patch ceiling I blob them to timbers dot and dab style. Just a few screws to hold while it sets dead level (well a tad up)with exciting ceiling then add more screws.
I also scrape old plaster around edge to recess tape below ceiling level. Nothing should be above existing ceiling level not even mesh tape or there is a bump around patch. I do this with crack repairs. I scrape a grove in ceiling then set tape in. Same principle as tapered edge board and tapes being hidden, but make you own taper. Giving away my secrets.

Personally I think if the sun hits the most perfectly skimmed wall or ceiling it will find some imperfections
I use 3m aluminium vertical blind track. Help yourself when I asked if I could have one from the 50+ pile. I took one. Should of took 10 as brilliant. When fitting board to patch ceiling I blob them to timbers dot and dab style. Just a few screws to hold while it sets dead level (well a tad up)with exciting ceiling then add more screws.
I also scrape old plaster around edge to recess tape below ceiling level. Nothing should be above existing ceiling level not even mesh tape or there is a bump around patch. I do this with crack repairs. I scrape a grove in ceiling then set tape in. Same principle as tapered edge board and tapes being hidden, but make you own taper. Giving away my secrets.
I can feather in patches very well use fat to get in nice flush don't understand y the painter goes over them again whith filler. Anything passing the existing skim to me that not rhight your going to have a lump ther and if he going to sand it bound to stik out! Baffled

I can feather in patches very well use fat to get in nice flush don't understand y the painter goes over them again whith filler. Anything passing the existing skim to me that not rhight your going to have a lump ther and if he going to sand it bound to stik out! Baffled
Before I went ther look the mess he did whith filler lol and he doing the same to me lol I'm fuking ha
Called me back to do this not my fault ceiing was overskimed years ago. Loose bit on ceiling becouse he's being playing whith filler

Thers two joint on this walland you can see them at all I take pride in my work I need punishing bag

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_104136.jpg
    IMG_20200531_104136.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 235
I reluctantly skimmed a hall stairs and landing because nobjocky wouldn’t wait till door and window was in I said il do it but won’t take no responsibility for any discrepancies with patching in! f**k**g builders are c**ts he just get lumpy round back of sweed!

I reluctantly skimmed a hall stairs and landing because nobjocky wouldn’t wait till door and window was in I said il do it but won’t take no responsibility for any discrepancies with patching in! f**k**g builders are c**ts he just get lumpy round back of sweed!
Exactly m8. I haven't seen a painter like this he goes mad whith a filler. I think he's got some kind of ocd. It a good thing in a way but ther limit!

Pached up skim looks OK till the sun shines on it certain time of day
I'm always patching almost every apartment I've been 8n the past couple of years, either the bathroom or kitchen ceiling has come down.
Sometimes it winds up utterly invisible and sometimes its possible to see that it's been patched but you know what? Nobody is going around checking ceilings...only other plasterers