Patching and skimming for kitchen refurbs.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

If someone said to me 700-800 per kitchen no matter what I'd happily gamble on the average and save time quoting, would loose on a few but win a lot more

If someone said to me 700-800 per kitchen no matter what I'd happily gamble on the average and save time quoting, would loose on a few but win a lot more
If they were average size give or take I.d ask for 2 a week lol

I'm often the most expensive quote but it doesn't seem to affect my workload.

I usually get materials the day before so vans loaded ready to go, hate faffing about doing it on the way to a job..

Heres a few recent ones, this one was a 3 day'r massive kitchen and dina, board and skim.

View attachment 29581View attachment 29582View attachment 29583

Majority of them are like these tho, but all different in there own ways. Some are in good kick and just need a bit of bonding, others have block work need to be floated out to existing wall etc.
View attachment 29584
View attachment 29585
View attachment 29586
View attachment 29587
View attachment 29588
View attachment 29589

Little treat for you @LarryTheLag bit of insight into the easy domestic piggy world
I don't think you read imago's original post carefully enough, he wants a high end finish.
Pfft you domestic slashers.

I presume a few of you work for/with kitchen fitters (refits not extensions). I guess it'd be mostly filling chases, skimming and boarding ceilings. What's an average time for the plastering work on those sort of jobs?

I'm working on two or three days in an empty room with all the first fix done. A day for boarding and filling chases, another day for bonding and prep, then a day for skimming. Obviously it's going to vary on the size, shape and complexity of the room, but as a base time does that sound about right?

I'm talking about the high end of finish too, rather than the 'smash it out' approach, and allowing some time for carting gear in etc.
Do it alot 5hrs average...

@imago also just to mention the way the firm that we work for address the variables and don't end up short is by stipulating the known plastering works example board ceilings & rsjs etc.

But then only price for say an overskim and state all plastering works as an estimate then they have some addititonal wiggle room them selves to add additional when tiles are removed & chases blow the plaster etc resulting the need to float/board walls and so on etc.

Nobody ends out of pocket be it customer, kitchen company or plasterer but gives an opening price to work from.

@lurpak the big selling point for most kitchen firms is to project manager the jobs/trades
Do it alot 5hrs average...

f**k**g idiot!!!!

Good thread this one, I work on my own and would say 1-2 days for ceiling board , chases and patching. 2-4 if overskimming the lot and open plan which is the most common. Have the Friday off or do one of the little short notice jobs on the list.

A (now) friend of mine use to own a kitchen and bathroom fitting company and I use to do all their plastering...

kitchens are normally awkward and fiddly and you are working round a lot of shite 2 or 3 days I would say was my average but even then I did some massive kitchens and they did not take long at all where some really fiddly shitty small kitchen was a headache....

Hello hello hello what's all this about then what have I missed :risas:

Ffs @imago i could've saved you all this grief, you should've just asked me tomorrow, anyway my answer is it's 1 day maybe 2 but could also be 3, plus a day for photo shoot etc. :)(y)