Passable?

Rossi46

Private Member
I didn’t have time to do this job. Someone else with a “superstar” reputation got the job. Customer wasn’t best pleased. Asked the renderer about the bumps and he told them they’d settle over time :LOL:
What are your opinions on this? These lights are pretty cruel though.

01171CC7-715B-4F39-95B2-14ED01E2D15C.jpeg
987202B4-1B7C-4F73-86DF-229957F20543.jpeg

Don't worry about the render , aim for the lighting designer

I didn’t have time to do this job. Someone else with a “superstar” reputation got the job. Customer wasn’t best pleased. Asked the renderer about the bumps and he told them they’d settle over time :LOL:

View attachment 28915View attachment 28916

Is that Purple Aki on the telly?

Love that excuse. The bumps will settle. I'm having that.

My next door neighbour has just had these same lights all over his house and the brickwork looks a proper mess. Then lights should be banned they look s**t anyway

He’s one of them annoying Eggheads

We managed to leave a bit of a hump in a footing once. Everybody said that the the next fella long would get it. f**k**g hump was still there when we put the wall plate on the top.

I think people were hoping that'd settle too. It didn't.

View attachment 28915View attachment 28916
ridiculous lighting,totally unfair on any renderer to have them on your work.yeah a few dodgy bits but bh no means a terrible job its them f**k**g lights!!

Yep, I can see them move and settle! On the first photo they are more flatter and different shape. Should be completely flat next week, considering the small time space between the two pics.

Yep, I can see them move and settle! On the first photo they are more flatter and different shape. Should be completely flat next week, considering the small time space between the two pics.

We got paint on someone's roof once. Gable end with a sort of sticky out bit with a roof on it.Dashed.
For some reason, it'd never been painted.

I had a tower scaffold with a f**k*d wheel, a roller and a stick to get it painted with.

And a sheet and a plank to try to protect the roof.

Didn't work at all. Couldn't keep the sheet on the roof properly and was lucky not to kill myself on the scaffold.

Paint all over the little roof.

I remember hearing the boss tell the customer not to worry about the paint. 'Sure, the first time the sun shines', he said, holding his hand out for the money, 'Then the paint will flake and it'll all just blow away.'

And with that, we ran off.

It's not a render issue.. . Black bulbs are best suited after installation of render.
It's in my spec;)

In all honesty i just dont coment on these lighting issue jobs i think its massivley unfair!

Same picy in day light would be only time id comment!

You say that but quite a few renderer can do it and shine lights up them no bother....so I think that is a bench mark?

Personally I doubt if I could but that is not the point :)

Some up/downlights sit out a bit further from the wall and aren't harsh. These things are f**k**g brutal though - these will show up facing brick/render/cladding to the millimetre I've seen perfectly finished brick look like a climbing wall with these c**ts shining up it.

So to answer your question yes it's passable. It's a hand finish and shining those f**k**s directly up and down it at night and then moaning about imperfections isn't cricket and anyone actually in this game will agree.

Some up/downlights sit out a bit further from the wall and aren't harsh. These things are f**k**g brutal though - these will show up facing brick/render/cladding to the millimetre I've seen perfectly finished brick look like a climbing wall with these c**ts shining up it.

So to answer your question yes it's passable. It's a hand finish and shining those f**k**s directly up and down it at night and then moaning about imperfections isn't cricket and anyone actually in this game will agree.
I agree 100 percent lol

Wonder what those ones in the pictures would look like if they were slightly packed out at the back , even say 5mm or so might make it looks totally different
I won’t lie I’ve had a issue quite recently with lights similar and was happy with the work which had done
This is a good thread tbf as am sure many people encounter an issue , only ever seen @Wezly on here post a picture of similar as the op to prove quality of job and these kind of lights

Yep seen it before!

I ask you this if applying, leveling, scratching back etc in normal lighting and the job looks flawess as working, what then are you supposed to do?

You just cant physicaly replicate that lighting whilst working!

A strong daylight side light is bad enough but those lights are just brutal!

Oh I agree that everything is against you.... but it can be done...

Oh I agree that everything is against you.... but it can be done...

Bit like saying because Usain Bolt can run 100m in 9 seconds that everperson should.

That picture is 1 in 1000.

Plus we dont know if same light, strength, led, halogen, colour etc etc.

Its all relevent!

That's dog s**t, I'll take some pics tomorrow of the job were on, with led site lights at an acute angle. I know people say it will never be perfect but with enough time and effort it can be pretty close.

Bit like saying because Usain Bolt can run 100m in 9 seconds that everperson should.

That picture is 1 in 1000.

Plus we dont know if same light, strength, led, halogen, colour etc etc.

Its all relevent!

thats down to agility... this would be down to skill and attention to detail :D