Part-time Plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanRS

I'm looking at tekin a 3 day plastering course, then maybe the tiling one after, with the aim of being able to advertise locally and tek on weekend work for extra money.
(Easier said than done probably)??

Has anyone else gone down this route before??

I'm not expecting of coming out the course being a master or owt and realise it teks experience, but I need to try and earn more money for my family and I'm willing to give it a go.

Any advice please?

I wouldnt do just a 3 day....

You need to do more than that especially if you want to go into customers houses and charge them.

You are better off finding a local plasterer and working with them at weekends.

Work is getting hard to find and a lot of time served plasterers are finding it hard so you will have little chance at not only competing but also getting a standard of finish that teh customers will actually want to pay you for.

Danny

Hi i would do more then 3 days as not many plasterers are talking on as its hard to find the work at the mo, if i was u do 2 weeks to 6 weeks and you bee ok then. we are not talking on at the mo.

Hi i would do more then 3 days as not many plasterers are talking on as its hard to find the work at the mo, if i was u do 2 weeks to 6 weeks and you bee ok then. we are not talking on at the mo.

You finally made an appearance then :rolleyes)

why plastering and not just get some weekend work in a shop or other place ?. just wondered .

I'm gonna start teaching 3 day plastering courses me and spunky can teach you in 2 days and the 3rd one we take you out on the piss to celebrate your down ward spiral into the abyss of doom we call plastering.

I'm looking at tekin a 3 day plastering course, then maybe the tiling one after, with the aim of being able to advertise locally and tek on weekend work for extra money.
(Easier said than done probably)??

Has anyone else gone down this route before??

I'm not expecting of coming out the course being a master or owt and realise it teks experience, but I need to try and earn more money for my family and I'm willing to give it a go.

Any advice please?

I would say leave the plastering to the plasterers.
At least you have got a job at the mo, plenty of plasterers sitting at home with no work!!

If you want extra cash can't you do overtime or work weekends for who you work for now?

Have you thought about being a part time fireman?

Status
Not open for further replies.