Parmurex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
I intend trying this gear out and comparing to Webers ocr this Spring. In some earlier treads / posts it was mentioned that adding LankoLatex or SBR to the mix makes it stickier and creamier. But it was said not to put into the water barrel as pumps don't like it but spray it into the open hopper. but that would mean spraying it onto powder?

So how with a Ritmo do you add Lanko Latex? Seems like a lot of mucking about to me.

It would be on Microgrobetis but I was on the lines of making it more polymer modified as to increase its resistance to cracking. A bit more flexible in other words.

Ive been told that monogris is the equivalent parmurex + lanko but design to get around the mixing issues when you want to machine apply

10 to 1 water. Lanko for your mixing barrel.

My mate has run off a barrel with lanko through a g5 he said and I asked him again only last week and he said yes and same with accelerator

I never asked or seen it and wanst sure myself that's why I asked him again the other week but his answer was yes from a barrel. Maybe he was lucky but it aont caused any problems

The water turns white when you add latex, so for a start you can't see the float. Then the latex builds up quickly at the solenoid valve before blocking up. Only way to do it is mix it in a mixer and tip it in the ritmo. A belle mixer will do it

so mix it in a Belle mixer first and then put it into the Ritmo with no water on. Ok maybe for slow going pre render with meshing going in where the pace is slow but maybe a Belle can't keep up on the top coat? But a good point. I can imagine this goo could cause a problem in the water works.

Just another thought? If you mixed this in a Belle to a consistency you are happy to spray with wouldn't putting it through the Ritmo make it wetter? It will go through the chamber and then r&s so effectivly mixing it more. The more you mix the wetter or creamier it gets?

Another thought? I mixed some s&c last year with sbr and it was creamy. Better than ocr. Maybe then the Ritmo could pump my plastering sand, cement and sbr ? That might save a bob or two on the smaller jobs like terraced houses.

bell will hold 3 bags. 90 lts
try it. i got the ban q sand to pump through but didnt put a pipe on. with the parmurex mix 10 bags into a bath for headstart spin the mixer round chuck 3 in . fill the ritmo whilst waiting for the mix. a bag should take 2 minutes to pump

Have we got anyone who has run the barrel with lanko water and had the machine fek up ?

Any actual proof of it going wrong

Ive tried to pump standard sand cement. It got stuck in the pipes. The sand separated.

what mix did you try. i used b&q sand cement lime and waterproofer. It is possible to use a super plasticiser to make the mix more pumpable

Does anyone ever use monogris ?

You only suppose to use it for 4-6mm etc and its no where as good as rendaid as a prep coat.

This is the reason our reps up ere never ever spec it. If it don't need thickness then microb is the key if it does then parmurex/ lanko is the key

Parmurex is thick as you like innit

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.