Parmurex 15mm on Microgobetis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
Anyone ever sprayed 15mm of Parmurex onto Microgobetis? Got a refurb job coming which is flat render finish. What I usually do after hacking off back to brick is apply a pre rend like a Rend-Aid equivalent at 5mm fully meshed then 10mm of render like OCR or Mono.

But I fancy the idea of spraying Microgobetis onto the bricks then 15mm of Parmurex which would be 8-10mm 1st pass, fully mesh then top out to 15mm with a second pass.

I will be using the Ritmo L but I am asking if I can expect any problems like slumping or cracking being on a virtually no suction background. Done a similar last year at 10mm and it all slid off! So any tips?

Is parmurex OCR , if so maybe water the micro down so it has a little suction, we done one today GP mortar over recon stone, sprayed a tyrolened hpx coat on first then gp mortar next day ,

Anyone ever sprayed 15mm of Parmurex onto Microgobetis? Got a refurb job coming which is flat render finish. What I usually do after hacking off back to brick is apply a pre rend like a Rend-Aid equivalent at 5mm fully meshed then 10mm of render like OCR or Mono.

But I fancy the idea of spraying Microgobetis onto the bricks then 15mm of Parmurex which would be 8-10mm 1st pass, fully mesh then top out to 15mm with a second pass.

I will be using the Ritmo L but I am asking if I can expect any problems like slumping or cracking being on a virtually no suction background. Done a similar last year at 10mm and it all slid off! So any tips?

What are you using micro and parmurex for ?
You don't need to if you need to modify your parmurex then add some Lanka latex to it.and 10 mm is to much really 5-6 mm really unless your substrate Is all over. Do you mean parmurex as a finish?

Is parmurex OCR , if so maybe water the micro down so it has a little suction, we done one today GP mortar over recon stone, sprayed a tyrolened hpx coat on first then gp mortar next day ,
Clive
how thick did you have to spray the gp Clive to get the recon flat ?

Couldn't do one coat as stone was to proud so scratch coat to fill out then top coat. Put 15mm beads on the flat corner quoins , ending up with about 8mm float coat

Did it go a bit like this Clive hpx with the eze gp with the ritmo and thin coat with the eze agin if so then your a top lad

What are you using micro and parmurex for ?
You don't need to if you need to modify your parmurex then add some Lanka latex to it.and 10 mm is to much really 5-6 mm really unless your substrate Is all over. Do you mean parmurex as a finish?

I am using Parmurex as a OCR. Old clay brick with the render hacked off it will create lots of suction. so my idea is kill the suction with the Micro and at the same time gain adhesion with the Micro and spray 1 pass of Parmurex. Because of no suction the Parmurex will stay wet enough for me to bed mesh into it, then a second pass. It will be rubbed up flat then once dried out a bucket coat will applied.

The trouble with the Lanko is it can't go through the machine. Had enough expense lately with using Wickes accelerator without going through that again. I can spray Micro on with a open hopper gun in no time.

But 15mm in one go on a low or no suction background? Did a hand apply of Parex mono once at 15mm on micro and it went fine but that was stiffer and only 1.5m in height, Machine application is wetter so heavier.

I am using Parmurex as a OCR. Old clay brick with the render hacked off it will create lots of suction. so my idea is kill the suction with the Micro and at the same time gain adhesion with the Micro and spray 1 pass of Parmurex. Because of no suction the Parmurex will stay wet enough for me to bed mesh into it, then a second pass. It will be rubbed up flat then once dried out a bucket coat will applied.

The trouble with the Lanko is it can't go through the machine. Had enough expense lately with using Wickes accelerator without going through that again. I can spray Micro on with a open hopper gun in no time.

But 15mm in one go on a low or no suction background? Did a hand apply of Parex mono once at 15mm on micro and it went fine but that was stiffer and only 1.5m in height, Machine application is wetter so heavier.
What happened with wickes accelerator rigsby, I've put thro my ritmo with no probs

What happened with wickes accelerator rigsby, I've put thro my ritmo with no probs

You may well think that as I did.

It leaves a residue on your valves and anything else that controls water flow or pressure. I had to have almost all my water bit and bobs replaced including something on the pump.

Sticking to Parex accelerator now.

When I've used it rigs it was a slow setter. That was at 10 mill over micro. You'd have to start pretty early if you want to get 15mm and a rub up.

It leaves a residue on your valves and anything else that controls water flow or pressure. I had to have almost all my water bit and bobs replaced including something on the pump.

Thanks for the tip rigsby, think I'll stop using it now then [emoji106]

How many tubs of wickes did u uae mate

How many tubs of wickes did u uae mate

Quite a bit. Almost most sprays from 5 ltrs a barrel full of water in summer to 15ltrs in winter. I have had the machine from secondhand in February last year and maybe 30 pallets of gear.

Not on my own either, I know of others that has had the same problem. It is something to do with Clorine? free additive that stops metal corroding.

Quite a bit. Almost most sprays from 5 ltrs a barrel full of water in summer to 15ltrs in winter. I have had the machine from secondhand in February last year and maybe 30 pallets of gear.

Not on my own either, I know of others that has had the same problem. It is something to do with Clorine? free additive that stops metal corroding.

Thats alot mate 15 ltrs to one barrel

Sprayed it this morning. Speed 10 at 120 water. Nice to spray and rule but a rubbery when rubbing up.

Got it super flat with a polyurathane float.

Got to say I like it but it is pricey at £9.50 a bag + vat.

Status
Not open for further replies.