Parkside electric winch

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_spread

Private Member
Dunno bout u guys but I work in London and a lot of the rendering jobs I get are the fronts and sides of semis? Not really a 2 man job so I normally knock up a load in the morning handball it up onto the scaff then start rendering. Tough going.

In Lidl today spotted a 500w elec winch which can lift upto 250 kg up to 11m up. £40. 3 yr garanteed.It's a no brainer I thought, save that backbreaking hand balling.
Anyone tried one ?

we do hire an electric winch that we fit to the scaffolding with an extra couple of short poles. very good for loading spar and bagged material on to the scaffold, the winch has three chains and fittings that we clip on a wheel barrow. this is a 2 person job, we often do the loading on a sunday when there is no h and s around

we had one for a while til it packed up, was ok only criticism is that it was a bit slow. gone back to ginny (jinny?) wheel , not much use on your own though.

we had one for a while til it packed up, was ok only criticism is that it was a bit slow. gone back to ginny (jinny?) wheel , not much use on your own though.

I'm slow aswell.
£40 and 3 yr guarantee so if it did a few jobs ? Was thinking load up a few big gorilla tubs, hoist it up (it has a brake) up the ladder and unload. Down the ladder again. Easier on the shoulder back etc ?
If not it'll be handy for getting me Labrador up on the scaff

Dunno bout u guys but I work in London and a lot of the rendering jobs I get are the fronts and sides of semis? Not really a 2 man job so I normally knock up a load in the morning handball it up onto the scaff then start rendering. Tough going.

i would call the front and side of a semi a 2 man job, and i would price it that way. if the householder could not run to that then i would give it a miss.

Don't worry Malc, I price it as such but the way I look at is. Scratch and bead the front one day, scratch side one day, bead side ext day then poss 3 days rubbing up. Thing is I'm getting to old for it now.
I've given in to the modern methods last week though, I've got a cement mixer now. Not a petral one Unfortunatly

I'm slow aswell.
£40 and 3 yr guarantee so if it did a few jobs ? Was thinking load up a few big gorilla tubs, hoist it up (it has a brake) up the ladder and unload. Down the ladder again. Easier on the shoulder back etc ?
If not it'll be handy for getting me Labrador up on the scaff
I have one although not from lidl and is great help. One think I will not recommend is to lift gorilla or any tubs. I use the buckets from the top coat and can easily lift and balance two at a time. Empty them into the tubs on the scaffold and you will save the soft handles for longer . You will need to buy and an additional arm to use it on scaffold.

I've used a park side for rendering jobs. My tip is to go to a scrap yard and pick up a couple of old seat belts for virtually nothing. Cut and loop both ends then use these on your gorilla tub handles. Won't STOP them breaking but will extend their lifetime massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.