Parking from hell job

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Simple job am at , can’t park anywhere, even phoned council to discuss there’s only 4 days here , not even allowed to park in car park next door they said I have to park right at the bottom of the street about 800 yards away but am allowed to unload on the double yellows outside the front to load and unload , was thinking why there’s so many rules to make life so hard all this crap wasn’t around in early 1900s when they built the place, when discussing this with council it’s like talking to some concrete block robots
DAEE2B6B-B1D5-4758-BFF2-20AAC30F52F2.jpeg

Simple job am at , can’t park anywhere, even phoned council to discuss there’s only 4 days here , not even allowed to park in car park next door they said I have to park right at the bottom of the street about 800 yards away but am allowed to unload on the double yellows outside the front to load and unload , was thinking why there’s so many rules to make life so hard all this crap wasn’t around in early 1900s when they built the place, when discussing this with council it’s like talking to some concrete block robots
View attachment 43908
Manchester city centre that's great fun

View attachment 43908
It's all over Pete....to many cars on the road now .
Familys with 2 and 3 cars...years ago be lucky if each household had 1 car.

So far so good I phoned council again try to pay for a tradesman permit , does get me mad trying to do the right thing but no help what so ever
Spice heads not far away either

On a job at moment
Permit holders only have made my own its still a race in the morning to get a spot

Your welcome

Going to look at some work tonight ( 7 f**k**g 30 why i like day rate ) worked there before and its a njghtmare. No where tonpark on street. Have to wait for people to go to work. As for skips it was like a military op.
We need you here at 9 30am and be back for it before 3 30pm . 11.45am on phone where the fucks this skip

Going to look at some work tonight ( 7 f**k**g 30 why i like day rate ) worked there before and its a njghtmare. No where tonpark on street. Have to wait for people to go to work. As for skips it was like a military op.
We need you here at 9 30am and be back for it before 3 30pm . 11.45am on phone where the fucks this skip

Nice story!

View attachment 43908
Wonder why parking was not a problem in early 1900s?

Even in the 90s as a kid, I used to play kurbsy on the road near my nans house, every now and then we would wait for a car to pass..its now a dual carriageway ffs. Took me 45 minutes to drive 9 miles round london. Enfield to finchley.

My nick name is s**t job

:oops: @Nisus said you didn't seem to keen when you popped over on Tuesday. I thought we had it set up well and I'd thought of everything to make it a good job to be honest. I know you're a media star, but still it seems like a sweet set up?

Two types of coffee, one of which is your favourite.
Choice of milk or cream for said coffee.
Twining's tea.
Jam doughnuts.
Off road parking.
No pricing to compete against, just tell me how much.
Materials of your choice to be ordered and waiting.
Empty building to work in.
Board lifter for the ceilings.
No ceilings to be skimmed.
Offer to include extra labour if required.
No other trades on site during plastering.
Chippy lunch provided on Fridays.
Option to stop over with Lee's special blend herbal relaxant.
Payment on invoice.

Then I read your post, but what more could I have done/offered?

yup....

I unfortunately amn being an arsehole to some builders at the moment not letting them park in my yard.

They left all there s**t lying about and then block my entrance and every time I wanted to get in or out I had to ask so I have stopped it completely.

The house they are working on have a driveway but they wont move their cars off it and park down the road... so I am not worried

If I viewed the job when pricing all this would be allowed for in price, if it takes 3 days longer than a normal job so what?! :descansando:

to add to this I start a job next week and when I did work for him 2 years ago he talked a lot!
I have allowed for this in price but even so I probably will get pissed off at some stage lol.!

And it going to get worse. I've got two ideas for the government. They limit the mileage you do in a month for personal use. Option two you can't drive after 70 old and take driving age to 20 and get more buses on road for the oap. They will have to think of something to get cars off the road becouse it going to get worse before it get better.

Even in the 90s as a kid, I used to play kurbsy on the road near my nans house, every now and then we would wait for a car to pass..its now a dual carriageway ffs. Took me 45 minutes to drive 9 miles round london. Enfield to finchley.
I was s**t at kirkby. One of things i hated bout london.
We go down a country road when we go out on bikes . Bug steep hill with a blind bend . As kids we went on wrong side of road as you just knew there wasnt gonna be a car. Now theres cars passing you all time on it

Talking of people that have to park out on the street; how the f**k are they going to charge their cars once we're all forced to have leccy vehicles?

And it going to get worse. I've got two ideas for the government. They limit the mileage you do in a month for personal use. Option two you can't drive after 70 old and take driving age to 20 and get more buses on road for the oap. They will have to think of something to get cars off the road becouse it going to get worse before it get better.
That idea wont work.....just like tapit tape :rolleyes: