Parex

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisamyphillip

Hi
I posted a thread on here regarding dreadful external rendering that had been performed on my cottage. I intend to not have the original renderers back as the job is awful.

Another plastering contractor has recommended removing the previous shoddy work and replacing with Parex.

He claims the thermal qualities, ease of application and overall performance of Parex is better than standard cement/sand.

What are peoples views regarding Parex. I have an old cottage made of flint/stone and anything/everything that the original builders of the cottage could find.

For approximately 25 square metres,he's quoting £1800 to remove old render and reapply Parex. Does this seem reasonable?

Each job is different.scaffold,taking away the rubble,supplying all the materials and labour.
I thing I will agree with is parex is a good product to use and if used in the right way you won't go far wrong.

If it's an old cottage I'd be looking at a parex lime render not a cementous render, so parex Clair and Moyen, same desired finish as monorex but different compositions. Goggle there web site to get an understanding.
It's a punt without pictures as every jobs different.
I take it, it's not listed? Or in a conservation area.

Status
Not open for further replies.