Parex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ididnt know that Andy knew they had dropped Webber ile have to pop along to my local branch and see what they have in stock

Penlaws stock Parex now after dropping Weber. Cue Rigsby lol.

They have some good prices too. Got a nice heavy rough cast property to mono soon. Would normally chop back to brick work but have decided to try Parex's Parinter then go over the top in white Monorex GF. Was thinking it was going to cost quite a bit but have worked it all out today and its going to be cheaper. Think it was £8 a meter more to do it this way but no chop off labour, no rubbish removeal and less scaffold time :RpS_thumbsup:

Yer painted roughcast. Pics are on our Facebook page under " to be done".

Done a test patch on Saturday with mesh embedded gonna give it a good yank tomorrow. Hopefully it will do it's magic!

Anyone else used it alot?

Last edited:
done a big parinter over smooth painted on spec it was mint solid as a rock at 4mm with mesh then dpr sand fine over that.

its just a gritty as the maite blones (very gritty)

if u get a decent coverage with the parinter base you can sponge finish it and the grits come out leaving a really nice fine texture finish its coloured too g10 or g00 i cant remember now

I just used parinter on a job only to scrape a nice prep coat over the base. I used maite for half of it and parinter for the other half. The maite i could scrape on however the parinter was more like a 1mm alpine type finish (very coarse no chance of feathering to nothing). I even tried rubbing a bit as i would any bucket coat stuff and the finish was a flat rolled finish like alpine. I had 6 bags encon had left over im wondering was it old s**t

done a big parinter over smooth painted on spec it was mint solid as a rock at 4mm with mesh then dpr sand fine over that.

its just a gritty as the maite blones (very gritty)

if u get a decent coverage with the parinter base you can sponge finish it and the grits come out leaving a really nice fine texture finish its coloured too g10 or g00 i cant remember now

here he is,
g00.

Yer painted roughcast. Pics are on our Facebook page under " to be done".

Done a test patch on Saturday with mesh embedded gonna give it a good yank tomorrow. Hopefully it will do it's magic!

Anyone else used it alot?

we use a lot of this gear,
just got to make sure you aint got any bubling or flaking paint,
and its 30% less cost wise than maitie

sounds like an old bag of sh1t ou had blones its onl got the same aggregates as maite in it

the main differences is the lime content and its a little less polymeric than maite

Right......so this parinter will stick to paint, and goes over say a maite basecoat. So my question is can this be substituted for maite in all thin coat situations apart from over insulation direct? I'm thinking a parinter roughcast over a maite basecoat on insulation and in all renovation situations over dash etc painted or not. It has superior body to maite which covers rough surfaces well but isn't that thick or heavy. Also why don't they list dpr as a suitable covering for it?

Right......so this parinter will stick to paint, and goes over say a maite basecoat. So my question is can this be substituted for maite in all thin coat situations apart from over insulation direct? I'm thinking a parinter roughcast over a maite basecoat on insulation and in all renovation situations over dash etc painted or not. It has superior body to maite which covers rough surfaces well but isn't that thick or heavy. Also why don't they list dpr as a suitable covering for it?

ive used it to go over a tyrolean job, the existing was a sand cement one, not painted , i went straight over with 355 mesh and parinter. it stuck like shite to the blanket as per paint, you couldnt pull it off and delamination wasnt an issue, and topped off with dpr fine. maitie is vastly over enginered for it pupose, as an adhesive for insulation boards fair enough, as a backing coat for dpr?mmm......

Owls I agree. I used it to cover some well adhered 50s dash with 355 too. Sprayed it in one coat and then used tubs of sand fine to create a roughcast with the swing and ritmo. Looks the b*ll***s and is bombproof. I'd confidently use it in all renovation situations tbh. Am doing a 360m private parex ewi job at the min which is going well. Can't help thinking though that the maite for sticking the slabs is overkill seeing as they spec the regular 5 fixings per slab on painted surfaces anyway. Parex need a more economical board adhesive and spec fixings for all situations IMHO. Gotta say how nice the plus therm grey eps board is. 80mm gives you 0.3 on 9" brick. The mess is grey too which is sooo much better than a winter wonderland

its over kill is there 5 mechanical fixings and maitie for fixing there insulation slabs. where using the 100mm eps at the moment on a metal frame building, as well as that we are using there keyguard product,for me its the best parex product they do is keyguard.

weve also got the contract to fit out parex's new training centre, and we have to carry out this system down one massive wall down one side, and its a cross section so all the measurements for the mechanical fixing have to be measured out exactly to make sure there spot on 150mm as they are seen. :-0

Status
Not open for further replies.