Parex - water marks / stains

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsr

Completed a scratch render job back in October. Got a call back to say 3 areas constantly look Wet/ stained. Had a look today there are 3 areas around the size of a football that look wet but he said constantly looks like that and never dries out. At first sight it looks like damp but not sure why they are in 3 seperate places and not all the way across but just at 3 random points on the wall. I'm puzzled any ideas?? Cheers

When I read this before I opened it I expected it to be lime bloom,I havent experienced this before,maybe some of the full time renderers can help.:RpS_confused:

Yes see what you saying but would expect Thai to be in alot more places across the wall it is just 3 random spots....cheers anyways

Efflorescence from individual bricks probably with the brick face damaged.

Did you use a pre rend like rend aid?

Yes 3 darker patches and was Parex so just used microgobetis and then sprayed over the top of that??

Could it possible be that the bits you are talking about have not been scratched back ...
I have seen something similar before and it was just the odd bits looking wet because they were still closed in and not scratched back.
Just a thought
Not saying that's it

I know you saying mate but no. The skin dries bit lighter and shiny. This looks more like damp

Sounds like something bleeding through from the substrate, but difficult to say without seeing, so a guess is all I can give.

:D

Attachments

• 1421773141814.jpg
    1421773141814.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 323
What could bleed through from substrate?? 2 of them are just circles and te last one is a shape that looks like the shape of a rubber duck!!! Strange!!

you need to go when it is rainig heavy ans observe how the rain is shed from the building. it could be possible there is a contact in thos areas heavier than usual and it could be getting much wetter than the norm and therfore taking much much longer to dry out - in fact it may never dry eough before the next rain to ever see it without a damp patch. I have had this once on a wall - it was a lead flash that somehow curled the water in on 1 spot but it seemed like a mystery at first. quick adjustment with the pliers and problem solved.

otherwise it sounds like what Owls said

Status
Not open for further replies.