Parex v Weber

FreeD

Private Member
Lots of spreads on here seem to use Parex...I'd like to know why over Weber? There customer services is definitely better than Webers and their specs are good...I've never used it mainly because I like the fact that Weber sets quickly, today I was scraping at 3 without the sun, using accelerator.

Is Parex easier to apply or something?

Pros for parex.

Monorex sprays nicer.
GF has a nicer finish.
Competitive pricing.

Cons.

Slow setting, accel needed even in the summer.
Waiting 2 weeks if it isn't on the shelf in the country.

I started using parex a long time ago when they first started going over here, and worked/demonstrated for them, we were one of the first to trail there parinter for them.
never have the issue of slow setting, as we put it on late afternoon, cut back in morn , put on in aft and so on. availabilities a pain

I started using parex a long time ago when they first started going over here, and worked/demonstrated for them, we were one of the first to trail there parinter for them.
never have the issue of slow setting, as we put it on late afternoon, cut back in morn , put on in aft and so on. availabilities a pain

Is it possible to lay on with 10mm beads on a hot summers day and scrap back next day? What time would you spray? surely you wouldn't be able to have the sun on it?

QUOTE="Putzmiester, post: 953225, member: 10432"]We're doing parex same day at the moment.finishing around 6ish[/QUOTE]
With accelerators?

Just use what you know best ,what works for one may not work for you ,living in Kent our weather is warmer so same day for us ,sure our Northern friends can still be looking at next day ?

Is it possible to lay on with 10mm beads on a hot summers day and scrap back next day? What time would you spray? surely you wouldn't be able to have the sun on it?
10 mm on a base same day,south facing sun all day same day,
Anything else over night, spray last thing in day 3 ish then a mist coat of water with a hose to delay the set a bit. None of this finishing at 6 carry on then a hour home etc, away for 4.30 at latest.
Weber your same day regardless.
We use every manufacturer going so it's learning the traits of each, enewalls a slow setter too.

I think parex is a much nicer product to use than weber. And a better finish. Ideally winter parex summer weber. I use parex 90% of the time

10 mm on a base same day,south facing sun all day same day,
Anything else over night, spray last thing in day 3 ish then a mist coat of water with a hose to delay the set a bit. None of this finishing at 6 carry on then a hour home etc, away for 4.30 at latest.
Weber your same day regardless.
We use every manufacturer going so it's learning the traits of each, enewalls a slow setter too.

Thanks Owls, might give it a go on my next job, mainly because I'm curious about how it is to work with.

Parex is competitive on price (price increase on May 1st) but add axel 3000 then maybe not.

I am using it but early days yet.

Built a wooden extension on top of double garage. usual work done pre rendering ie breather membrane + battens+ Aqua Panel external board. My house is on the sea front. Need help to choose render. K Render or Parex or Weber. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks