Parex Tardex

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblones

Anybody used it ? I have just read the spec and it says not to use below 20 degrees. Any ideas why not. I was gonna use it this week temps about 12-15 degrees in the day down to 5-8 degrees in the night. Not done an overnighter yet this year.:rolleyes)

how are you getting parex same days this time of year? weve been leaving overnight for about a month. tardex is rarely used in this country because theres seldom chance for it, its designed for warmer climates and lets the mortar hydrate as it should do with out it flash setting.
approach it from the other way and use axel [not cheap] and get a same day scrape.

Blones I spoke to the southwest rep and I asked him about tardex with weber and he said that if I sprayed on and finished at 1 pm then it would be ready to scrape at 1 pm the next day so I'm guessing 20-24 hrs effect.got a price on 20 ltr which the guy at the merchants told me vat inc £55 and it will do at o.6-7 ratio to 180kilo so 6 bags Parex which are 30 kilos as you well know so with me weber its a bag more only being 25 kilos so the merchants said that the 20 ltrs should do about 206 bags baaaaaaargin fo 55 bucks going to order a tub soon and do a 1 bag trail will let you know how it goes if you haven't already done a test or if you find anything out remember to let us know :)

what country you in at the moment Blone coz its not getting above 10 in the day here and its 1 degree overnight. the gear is still too soft early mornin.

i want to spray earlier in the day. Just switched to parex from weber. the plinths i did in weber were solid next day. I dunno if its cos i mixed sbr with them,its warmer than it says or its windy. I can spray 50 -60 m2 but labour is limited to rub back so i figure i need more time with the gear like when i used to use Primo Colour

used it today 4 litres for 37 bags. On by 2 ish. Let you know how it goes tommorow. What i did notice is the material stayed wet in the pipe during standby and we stopped for dinner. Normally the stuff in the pipe stiffens a bit. Be great if its still too soft in the morning, i can spritz the rest of the house and rub back later on Ron

Blone I had to wait until 2 pm before I could scrape a monorex job yesterday. good luck.

gear does go off a tad quicker with sbr in it - if you use parmurex with lankolatex it goes a third quicker i find.

Darkness is a cheaper retarder, use that this games dear enough without such alchemy

Status
Not open for further replies.