parex render

Status
Not open for further replies.

owls

Private Member
any lads that use parex, if your after non stock items of gear , get your order in by next Friday as they shut down for 3 weeks for Christmas plus a 2 week lead time plus delivery, could be 6 week to getting you powder otherwise, as Atherstone keeps very little in, this time of year.

Strong? So maybe brittle as well? Is this the stuff you can add Lankolatex to? That might make it a bit more 'Giveable' ?

@Rigsby if your just after a rubbed up finish why not just use Monorex GF? I'm sure we pay the same for both and GF is great to rub up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parex is all new to me and the local rep is on holiday. Got a job on now but using rend-aid and ocr. Its an old house so rend-aid fully meshed and then ocr with the usual stress area's meshed. But recent question got different answers. That was on smooth commons and monorex so the tech guy Luke said Micro and then monorex but this one is bad rough brick work.

Someone (blones I think) mentioned paramurex with sbr? Thought this as a base coat then paramurex 2nd coat as a float coat. But as the customer is going to paint it white eventually then maybe paramurex with the sbr (pared lankolatex) as a scratch coat then Monorex GF as a top coat so it is white-ish till it can be painted?

If you can add sbr to Paramurex then anyone rubbed up with the sbr added? I did a job last year in s&c with sbr and it was like using ocr. But at 3 ltrs a mix for scratch and 2 1/2 litres for float it was as cheap to use sbr and a lot less hassle.

@Rigsby we've done a few jobs in Monorex GF where the client was still going to paint it and it looks as good as S&C lol.
Over dodgey brickwork we were advised to apply a base coat of Monogris E (same as Rendaid) with mesh and top with either Monorex or Parmurex. We did some in both materials and preferred Monorex GF.

Last edited by a moderator:
parmurex is more like mineral render than ocr which is closer to sand and cement mix. p\armurex is close to uncoloured mono as it gets.

Parmurex is stronger than mono though John.

I have been told to different things. One parmurex is stronger then monorex and the other is that its monorex with no colour.

Now both came from different parex blokes so **** knows....

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

I have been told to different things. One parmurex is stronger then monorex and the other is that its monorex with no colour.

Now both came from different parex blokes so **** knows....

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

I was told not to use Parmurex over lightweight blocks because of it's strength but that Monorex was fine. We also used both materials on one job and the Parmurex definitely set quicker.

Parmurex is a bit stronger yes.

Like Memorex without colour I suppose but that's not the only difference. Prob more cement and some waterproofer. Prob no biocides and its got more fines.

Don't use it as a grey mono either.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

It ain't anything like cpi or if u mixed sand and cement with waterproofer addmix. But most pre blended powders contain some for suction control. You would expect it to pull in over parmurex but as a backer its perfect as most backers are. Made for the following product to go nicely over the top

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Andy do you use a sponge after floating gf? And what's it like to rule compared to ocr .

Ha i have been away for a few months and im happy to see that old school guys are actually asking questions... RIGSBY... ive been doing a few cover up jobs lately IE old painted pebbledash (solid as fcuk) with Parex Parinter and mesh then primer and acrylic top coat...

i have also had to repair 4 year old mono thats been put on to thin and has popped off and i fix these with maite and mesh and acrylic top coat...

parex will guarantee any system an experienced applicator specifies for 10 years... no problem but they dont want the paperwork to do extended warranties which i have found

Yes this is what I have found with Envirowall. They offer a so called 12 year warranty. Send someone out to inspect the work and then nothing! No warranty as such meanwhile customers are asking where their warranty is?

SAS is the only one so far that issues a warranty but it is too costly. And Exeter is too far to pop down if you are a bag or two short.

Owls? Didn't you do a guest house on the coast going over the top and you put it on here? That was an interesting job.

Status
Not open for further replies.