Parex Matie

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
Any tips on using this?
Just stuck base tracks on before fixing and it skins up quick!

When dabbing base coating does it need mixing back up all the time or is it useable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait till you do the basecoat,the fun begins
Maite is a c**t to use for the first time!!!

Ahhh the joy!
Can't wait then.
Is it a c**t to mesh in? What do you lay before you mesh in, just a few m2 at a time?
Luckily I'm using EHI for top coat.

Ahhh the joy!
Can't wait then.
Is it a c**t to mesh in? What do you lay before you mesh in, just a few m2 at a time?
Luckily I'm using EHI for top coat.

no problem to mesh, it is best to keep out of full sun, high wind. we lay an area on then one of us goes back to mesh while the other one keeps going forward.

ive done a few jobs with maite and it is quiet good but it does firm up quick and i would normally coat a gable then bed the mesh in but you got no chance with this stuff.
it does go rock hard and burns the s**t out of you

We use it for meshing and as a dash receiver ,nice gear but as previous lads mentioned weather conditions can be a problem ,but that goes for virtually any gear used externally

Yes mate for sure
As said it does pick up quick
Unless you have big areas to go at mixing it up in gorilla buckets is probably easier

Thanks.
Getting ritmo Friday so was gonna practice spraying base coat Saturday with this!?
It's only a 70m job.
2 sides at 20 each and a apex with 2 windows at 30.

Was more for practice on the machine than anything else.
My thinking was spray a side on lay mesh trowel in scratch with comb, or will it cause me more headache with cleaning etc?

I noticed it skinned quickly today when dabbing but I did have it a lot thicker.
I was thinking more like skim for base coat.

Thanks.
Getting ritmo Friday so was gonna practice spraying base coat Saturday with this!?
It's only a 70m job.

My thinking was spray a side on lay mesh trowel in scratch with comb, or will it cause me more headache with cleaning etc?

I noticed it skinned quickly today when dabbing but I did have it a lot thicker.

Good way to keep the training fresh in your mind ,hope it goes well for you

Last edited:
Something small like that, I would base and mesh by hand, use your pump to spray the EHI in one go.

Thanks.
It's only a 70m job.

When I have layed the mesh in I have used a spatula and got it nice and flat
Then applied a nice tight coat the next day and it goes in well ready for priming.
But am sure it will turn out ok for you but will be good to hear how you get on

Something small like that, I would base and mesh by hand, use your pump to spray the EHI in one go.

It's only because I'm getting machine Friday just wanted to practice with it on base coat.

Will the ritmo spray the EHI in one go 13mm thick?

Good way to keep the training fresh in your mind ,hope it goes well for you

Cheers mate.
Just worrying I'm gonna mess it up somehow so want a get as much spraying done with whatever I can until I get the hang of it!

:bananahappy:
Cheers mate.
Just worrying I'm gonna mess it up somehow so want a get as much spraying done with whatever I can until I get the hang of it!

I've only sprayed a few times and I found that setting the pump up and making sure everything is running wright was more stressful than the spraying. The first time I sprayed silicone I practiced on a sheet of plasterboard. My first job was a bit dodgy but the customer was delighted and paid

we picked up our ritmo on a friday by saturday morning i had forgot most of the set up and tried spraying rendaid in the lock up.................fewkin nightmare...........pmsl when i think back. Its worth just going through the set up on your own at slow time a few times. i still set up on my own while the youngin fills the water butt and gets the hose uncoiled. have to talk to me sell when im doing it.

was worth spraying in the lock up a few times before doing it for real..................get ya confidence up and all that.........................(y)

we picked up our ritmo on a friday by saturday morning i had forgot most of the set up and tried spraying rendaid in the lock up.................fewkin nightmare...........pmsl when i think back. Its worth just going through the set up on your own at slow time a few times. i still set up on my own while the youngin fills the water butt and gets the hose uncoiled. have to talk to me sell when im doing it.

was worth spraying in the lock up a few times before doing it for real..................get ya confidence up and all that.........................(y)
I am like you mate
On my first spray job I found it more stressful actually setting up and getting it ready. But got the hang of spraying fairly quickly
I took a sheet of plasterboard and just had a practice on that.
Am sure everyone must of flapped the first few time they had a go

I am like you mate
On my first spray job I found it more stressful actually setting up and getting it ready. But got the hang of spraying fairly quickly
I took a sheet of plasterboard and just had a practice on that.
Am sure everyone must of flapped the first few time they had a go

I managed to video the set up so gonna go through it couple a times this week on a few days to remind myself then teach the lads and spray Friday afternoon.

All the best adhesive polymer base coats are like maite. They all tear and drag if your not quick with a finsih on the steel.

Use a 2 coat system. The second coat will tidy up the first no end.

Mix the 2nd wetter trowel it on tight. 5mm first pass 1mm second pass

It will come up. U get used to it in time

Status
Not open for further replies.