Parex ehi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianspreader

Hello I have a job using parex ehi on insulation and was just wondering what the preferred method of beading is?? 15mm fixed with plastic plugs on insulation then maite? Or 10mm fixed on top of the maite?? Cheers for your help again

fix your beads with maitie, then apply a good base with 355 mesh, then your good 10 mm of ehi. what are you on about plasticplugs?

Also what are the plastic plug things called to hold 15mm beads called??

maitie is an adhesive not a render, so it will stick your beads fine. are you on about mechanical fixings, such as mushroom fixings?
in which case these are for your insulation as a secondary fixing.

Ok sounds good.the rep said they are like a car interior plug which u push into the insulation through the bead to hold it in place but the builder spoke to encon and they didn't have a clue what he was on about
Lol

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

maitie is one of the strongest adhesives about it will stand alone if needs be, to fix your eps etc plus your base adhesive plus your ehi so it will certainly fix your beads, id always add secondary fixings to insulation.just solid bead your beads with maitie, then apply your maite and comb it leave 3-4 days then your ehi. crossed wires maybe.
your the renderer, you should now this stuff. if it fails through your practice do you think encon or the rep will give a toss or want to know-nope.

As owls said just use the maite. Its muche easier than messing about with fixings.

What the rep is telling you to use are "fir tree" fixings small plugs with a push head a lot of manufacturers use em on Ewi but they more common on dash Ewi jobs. And he is right that are basically the same as a black plug that hold car interior trim in place. IMO a waste of time

As owls said just use the maite. Its muche easier than messing about with fixings.

What the rep is telling you to use are "fir tree" fixings small plugs with a push head a lot of manufacturers use em on Ewi but they more common on dash Ewi jobs. And he is right that are basically the same as a black plug that hold car interior trim in place. IMO a waste of time

they are a waste of time because they don't do jack do they, which was the last time you used fir fixings, I cant recall the last time we did.

mind you I cant recall when we last did a dry dash job, no call for it in these parts unless its social housing projects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.