Parex drying a bit patchy

Members online

Haven't used Parex a great deal but I've noticed on a couple of jobs it looks a bit patchy in places.. I've noticed this wen passing other people's jobs too. Any tips on how to prevent this?

My method it apply by hand scratch coat then next day apply top coat using speed skim or surrated spat n spat. Scratch back with I bar them nail float same day.

Thanks!

Haven't used Parex a great deal but I've noticed on a couple of jobs it looks a bit patchy in places.. I've noticed this wen passing other people's jobs too. Any tips on how to prevent this?

My method it apply by hand scratch coat then next day apply top coat using speed skim or surrated spat n spat. Scratch back with I bar them nail float same day.

Thanks!
Should be giving your scratch longer to dry mate

Wasn't damp weather.. I had a feeling it was to do with setting time. I. Spreading some this morning.. small area so should have it on by 10 and will have to scratch no later than 5.15 so ive got light.. it's getting dark by 6 now

Wasn't damp weather.. I had a feeling it was to do with setting time. I. Spreading some this morning.. small area so should have it on by 10 and will have to scratch no later than 5.15 so ive got light.. it's getting dark by 6 now
It might not be ready . It’s next day now even if it gets slightly on the hard side to use the Ibar first. Use the scraper first and then the ibar in order to get the texture right.leave it dry a bit and use the scraper to finish it.

Hi mate you don't need to leave your scratch coat to dry for days after 30mins or so it will take a seconded pass ! The scratch coat will not cause issues with the top coat if your having patchy areas if could be the substrate not treated correctly

Parex mono is a one coat material so no need for a scratch coat
This wouldn’t help with drying out a even colour either I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You spray a lot of Parex ? How long you leave between coats
No but every spec I've had has been to leave base coat for 5/6 days. I know most go on it next day but if you get problems with colour on top coat parex will just blame scratch not been cured.

No but every spec I've had has been to leave base coat for 5/6 days. I know most go on it next day but if you get problems with colour on top coat parex will just blame scratch not been cured.
I have not seen the thread the same as you mate !
We use parex a lot and I class the base coat as the first pass of the colour and top coat the second pass of colour !
As we don't use the base products really
So on that issue your correct my bad !

But I am interested to see why people use a base coat before top coat ?