Parex base coat render

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

Where using this on a job at the moment floating out stairwells in council flats, they want it rubbed up so they can paint it, we have scratched it in s&c with waterproffer to Evan it out a bit as was shitty brickwork, we left it a good week before we come back today to float, and it wasn't very nice to float at all today, kept dragging and tearing.....

Was horrible kept moving about all over the place, is it ment to be rubbed up this stuff? The rep said it was, wouldn't go off either but that's properly the temp and being in a stairwell, frist time we used it....usually use weber OCR...

Cause the kids kept writeing stuff in the render when we had gone, should of seen some of the things they wrote in the scratch coat lol...And the guy who orgianly quoted it said to use a bagged S&C render as there chemicley set or something and be gone off in time they won't be able to write in it, so that's what the site manager asked for.....But it was hanging all day, i've never really used these renders apart from Werber ocr and that was nice gear, this wasn't so nice...

I don't think we should of scrathed it with waterproofer, not enough suction maybe

It's cold mate it'll never do you any favours, I reckon the site managers talking out of his arse too

Have used parmurex before and that was better than s&c for rubbing up. The modern base coats are pretty resilient to shrinkage and cracking and maybe a wet on wet application with the suction of the bricks pulling in might have been enough mate?

R U sure it was'nt a different type of base coat. I have not heard of a base coat you can rub up a week later. But i would think if you used an adhesive type base coat and layed it on too thick you would have the problem you describe.
Check the bag to see if its the type of basecoat applied to calcium boards or insulation

I can only suggest its because you aint used to it.
I use parex basecoat for almost all my basic render work because I think its better than the others. better than ocr and far far better than sand and cement. you prob had a problem with your S&C base holding off the parex gear due to waterproofer etc. just use it in a single application at full depth or if you must scratch coat use the same gear for your scratch. try not to float it off too early either in this weather you might be better laying it on full depth in the afternoon and I'bar it back the next day then sponge it smooth.

Sounds like it was hangin a bit and floating has moved it around on the backing. cut out the scratch coats. just get it on full depth and let it pick up a bit more

just try a few different things and you will find you get used to it you will be right as rain, If you used ocr before with no prob then you will get there, its lovely gear.

It says he left it for a week. Is that possible with a base coat for masonry backgrounds

Im thinkin blones that he meant he scratched it with S&C/waterproofer left that for a week and then topped out with parmurex and floated same day a week later or summit to that effect.

what you recon bloner

ive never had a problem with parmurex... its the waterproofer in the sand and cement scratch coat causing the problems here

no work here waiting for an insulation delivery on one job and only pricing up other jobs
got 2 tests to do on thursday for my skills for life qualification and go to sheffield too to check progress on a new build we are going to sheeth up and thin coat.

thats why my forum activity is sky high i keep checking on

Yeah that's what I meant, sorry lads I left the scratg coat for a week not the OCR, yeah that sounds about right jfe, it's sliding round on the waterproof scratch coat....yeah the weber OCR I used on some garden walls and it was nice gear, might try that on the next stairwell the full depth straight on the bricks, can you i'bar this stuff back the Nex day can you? Never knew that, thought it was just s&c in a bag.....

its a polymer modified mortar (sand/cement based) with all the right ingredients just like ocr and all the rest but this is a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.