Parax renders

Hamm

Hi lads, first attempt at parax render, does it have to be applied in one application, or should I apply scratch coat allowing to dry before the top coat, please advise?
Thanks

I not used parex but know it should be applied in one go if possible tbh mate with materials cost you can get in a right mess with job , I applied two coats of Weber last week one after another by hand then when scratched it back learnt a very valuable lesson, halo in two different areas , cost me big time to put right again and will only machine apply from now
Leaves you feeling gutted

@owls is main man on here to advise you parex

I not used parex but know it should be applied in one go if possible tbh mate with materials cost you can get in a right mess with job , I applied two coats of Weber last week one after another by hand then when scratched it back learnt a very valuable lesson, halo in two different areas , cost me big time to put right again and will only machine apply from now
Leaves you feeling gutted

@owls is main man on here to advise you parex
Why didn’t you use the machine Vincey? Small area?

Why didn’t you use the machine Vincey? Small area?
Did in the end mate took it in first place but was mopped at the job with trades looked around thought just do by hand , 10 bags ended up f**k**g it up and redid it all again with ritmo second time round , all sorted

Did in the end mate took it in first place but was mopped at the job with trades looked around thought just do by hand , 10 bags ended up f**k**g it up and redid it all again with ritmo second time round , all sorted
What are you saying Vincey? You did the mesh first and then the top coat and you f**k*d it up, because it was in two passes?

Hi lads, first attempt at parax render, does it have to be applied in one application, or should I apply scratch coat allowing to dry before the top coat, please advise?
Thanks
Treat it like any other scratch render,2 decent passes to a thickness of 15mm, it's a slow setter mind.

Nothing wrong with putting on by hand it shouldn't be an inferior job.it's harder graft but the principals the same. Keep your first pass flat thinner than your next pass.next coat trowel flat, and spat.the flatter you get it also the less change you'll get any misses when scratching back.

What are you saying Vincey? You did the mesh first and then the top coat and you f**k*d it up, because it was in two passes?
No mate basically chucked on 5 bags I mixed then mixed another 5 and chucked them on then on scratch back been told I hit the first pass , old wall used seregated on both but halo in two different places , was ok when I barred it but when softly starting with scratcher they started to come through , got bigger and bigger and looked a mess , Weber guy said similar to above maybe I went thicker or to thick on first pass either way machine every time now , we’ll pissed me off had to redo it again this week and it turned out fine