Paraguard (parex)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's outrageous how much Parex charge for this product, look at alternatives there's plenty about.

One coat normal areas 2 coats coastal or anti graffiti. 80 -100m2 per tub. This has around 30% silicone content other tend to be around 10%. We use a fair bit and it's good gear.

Your meant to get the second coat on as soon as the first flood has been absorbed, I find it still pulls that second one in.

About £200 for a 25L can, we normally get about 80m2 coated twice with that.
£200 for 25ltrs !!!
attachment.php

One coat normal areas 2 coats coastal or anti graffiti. 80 -100m2 per tub. This has around 30% silicone content other tend to be around 10%. We use a fair bit and it's good gear.

enewalls has the same silicone content as paraguard and is half the price.

Like anything these render manufacturers think that their logo is like having Prada written on it. Relatively cheap to make gear hiked up in price for resale

@owls enewall have one called micro emulsion sealer. £18 for 5 lts but now they have eneguard. which one do you use and which one has 30% silicone. ive rung their technical loads of times and there is never anyone available

Last edited by a moderator:
@owls enewall have one called micro emulsion sealer. £18 for 5 lts but now they have eneguard. which one do you use and which one has 30% silicone. ive rung their technical loads of times and there is never anyone available

the eneguard.
like all the rest of there gear they've recently changed the composition of a lot of there stuff, there base render adhesive is the best on the market now for me, workability, lovely to rule and spread, half the price of maitie, sm700 etc and there eneguard has a higher silicone content than before so ive been told.

do you not have an allocated rep for your area that you can grill?

I priced eneguard recently and they wanted forty quid for five lts. Same price as paraguard.
They have base coat. Base adhesive & adhesive coat. Which one u on about.

I just used their new scratch render. Omfg it took years to set. And i used their base coat. Its great. Dub out any thickness in one go

Like anything these render manufacturers think that their logo is like having Prada written on it. Relatively cheap to make gear hiked up in price for resale
Exactly, Lanko is the same as SBR(to me anyway)and costs a fortune. I was in a Decorators merchants the other week and they showed me a product called Mathys which is an invisable sealer. The guy had a Pumice stone and half was treated with this gear which you couldnt see and the coated side shelled off the water when he submerged it. I think it came in at a shade under a score inc the dreaded.

Going to ask a stupid question here but can the sealer be used after dry dashing to keep the colour longer or is it just for mono?

the eneguard.
like all the rest of there gear they've recently changed the composition of a lot of there stuff, there base render adhesive is the best on the market now for me, workability, lovely to rule and spread, half the price of maitie, sm700 etc and there eneguard has a higher silicone content than before so ive been told.

do you not have an allocated rep for your area that you can grill?
@owls Base render adhesive as in what u use for insulation ? Would u be ruling it tho.
Sps Envirowall have one exactly the same but don't use it for the mesh layer they just use it as an adhesive for receiving other finish products such as dash or mono over insulation board. They have an envirorend product for meshing it is like cream and light as a feather..... That's the only draw back with enewall I find when you get your 6mm its very heavy to spread but you can't mix it thinner because it blooms easily and can slump

Blones I think your on about the base render not the adhesive.

I do prefer the slow set tho just spray twice as much one day and scrape most the next day

Last edited by a moderator:
I priced eneguard recently and they wanted forty quid for five lts. Same price as paraguard.
They have base coat. Base adhesive & adhesive coat. Which one u on about.

I just used their new scratch render. Omfg it took years to set. And i used their base coat. Its great. Dub out any thickness in one go

are you buying direct or through a merchant?

@owls Base render adhesive as in what u use for insulation ? Would u be ruling it tho.
Sps Envirowall have one exactly the same but don't use it for the mesh layer they just use it as an adhesive for receiving other finish products such as dash or mono over insulation board. They have an envirorend product for meshing it is like cream and light as a feather..... That's the only draw back with enewall I find when you get your 6mm its very heavy to spread but you can't mix it thinner because it blooms easily and can slump

Blones I think your on about the base render not the adhesive.

I do prefer the slow set tho just spray twice as much one day and scrape most the next day

I meant ruling as in going over with a spat. which gear are you on about the pac adhesive in red bags,?
the new stuff launched a few weeks ago is a lot better [in white bags].

Last edited:
Its just a white bag with red lettering. Power wall base adhesive coat. Very fine grey powder very dense. And sticky and taks a few days to dry out at 6mm over EPS I had it in December its exactly same as Envirowall sticking adhesive and heck and dryvit drysulation base. Not had it since but a few bags from a merchant but his stock is from 2013 anyhow.

I had a string of emails last month regarding a base to compare with weber lac etc it was mentioned about a launch of a product and they wanted to feel out the price range of the weber lac. It must be similar to that. Lac is good to use

i know the difference braaaa i been using these products since i began. i used base coat to dub out the worst new blockwork i ever did saw.

Buying it direct Owls.. last week i asked for eneguard and she said she would need to order it in but they had micro emulsion sealer. i asked her price difference. and it was double. i asked her what the difference is and she didnt know. IMO they both do the same job, i doubt a customer will know the difference or else i want my money back for the MES i have used on jobs

i know the difference braaaa i been using these products since i began. i used base coat to dub out the worst new blockwork i ever did saw.

Buying it direct Owls.. last week i asked for eneguard and she said she would need to order it in but they had micro emulsion sealer. i asked her price difference. and it was double. i asked her what the difference is and she didnt know. IMO they both do the same job, i doubt a customer will know the difference or else i want my money back for the MES i have used on jobs

its the eneguard that we use.

Its just a white bag with red lettering. Power wall base adhesive coat. Very fine grey powder very dense. And sticky and taks a few days to dry out at 6mm over EPS I had it in December its exactly same as Envirowall sticking adhesive and heck and dryvit drysulation base. Not had it since but a few bags from a merchant but his stock is from 2013 anyhow.

I had a string of emails last month regarding a base to compare with weber lac etc it was mentioned about a launch of a product and they wanted to feel out the price range of the weber lac. It must be similar to that. Lac is good to use

nah its different gear now, there white bags with writing across the middle, none of this shitey little stickers on the bag either, the difference is quite a bit to the old gear.

nah its different gear now, there white bags with writing across the middle, none of this shitey little stickers on the bag either, the difference is quite a bit to the old gear.

Righto that must be what they were emailing about then when they were asking about LAC. I will see on the next job.

I know u have braa you old git. I was just checking as owls says one of their recent problems was the names in the range and the packaging it was causing problems and resulting in even enewall staff sending out pallets of the wrong base.
As I understand there are 2 main ones now the base adhesive owls is on about and the base coat u used that is a base rend like OCR.

The stickered up gear we had last was problematic.

We had base adhesive,
Pre mix, and wet dash all in the same bags with little stickers with the letters rubbed off.

Good to see the back of that method

Onwards an upwards n all that

the base coat isnt really like any base rend i used over here and i doubt you could rub it up like ocr and its very coarse to scrape. its primary job is to leave a level surface over any background. theres loads of fibres in it which means you just keep building thickness with it. its a polymer render so can go straight over old brick or block. its nice to rule and spat

the base coat isnt really like any base rend i used over here and i doubt you could rub it up like ocr and its very coarse to scrape. its primary job is to leave a level surface over any background. theres loads of fibres in it which means you just keep building thickness with it. its a polymer render so can go straight over old brick or block. its nice to rule and spat

Have you been finishing it then ? Float or sponges you can I section it and then sponge it.

Iva's do one towrip you can apply to a surface and build up to 80mm and double if you allow a few minutes etc if need. The fibres really help keep it together as does the polymer.

Gotta hand it to enewall when they say polymer render they really mean polymer render unlike some other pretenders

Their system is base. Adhesive mesh. Topcoat. U can spat it like mp75 but i would put something over it to get it real flat

Status
Not open for further replies.