Paper mashy top tip

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed78

I did a small patch on a wall for my aunty it was a plasterboarded wall the hole was about fist size.
I put scrumpled up newspaper in the hole to
bulk fill it then mixed some strips of paper with a wet pva mix.
This was my paper mashy then i pushed it in the hole till level.
The paper I put in 1st stopped the paper mashy falling down the back of board.
Then I went back next day and put polyfiller on it,
then next day sand down & painted the wall with magolia paint.
My aunty was amazed with the results!!

So always keep some newspaper & pva in your van incase you have to make some paper mashy.

brilliant idea. Ive got a building tips book that recommended putting noggings etc in the wall but the paper mashy tip seems so simple. maybe instead of putting paper in before the paper mashy u bould break up a brick with a hammer to make it more solid????

I did a small patch on a wall for my aunty it was a plasterboarded wall the hole was about fist size.

So always keep some newspaper & pva in your van incase you have to make some paper mashy.
ha ha for real

ahmed dont be a t**t... are you serious??

whats wrong with patching it with ................erm hang on ....................... PLASTERBOARD??

topped by handful of bonding and easifil

People reading this dont listen to him he has not got a clue

ahmed dont be a t**t... are you serious??

whats wrong with patching it with ................erm hang on ....................... PLASTERBOARD??

topped by handful of bonding and easifil

People reading this dont listen to him he has not got a clue

Dam it , does that mean i gotta go back and pull all that paper mache outa them holes i just filled :RpS_confused:

This guy is class the stuff he comes out with :RpS_biggrin: Ahmed you should write your own book, id buy it with quality tips like that. :RpS_thumbsup:

Your a diamond mate never of thought of that, why dont you send the info onto the guild of master plasterers in london .

Ahmed that sounds like a great idea pal,only thing is i think it would work better with super glue rather than pva it would be stronger.

Genius.... So much cheaper than buying that crap plaster stuff, i mean, i can go down the recycling place each morning and cram a load of old papers in me van then toddle off to do my patches and repairs with a bucket of water, some pva and some polyfilla. Less gear, less hassle, genius!
Straight out of top tips in Viz if y'ask me... pmsl

Amhed will this work?
If I float out a wall then stick sheets of newspaper to it will this make it like plasterboard? Then can scim with board finish?

Fantastic mate, how about some tips on concrete repair, Ive a gable end to underpin next munf wots your thoughts,advice on that.

Fantastic mate, how about some tips on concrete repair, Ive a gable end to underpin next munf wots your thoughts,advice on that.

Think you might need some sticky back plastic and some used bog rolls for that mate..... Im not sure tho, best wait for the next 'top-tip'

i cant get me head a round this. is he a plasterer r is he mad am thinking mad:RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.