Paintwork

T

Tam Ross 1888

Hi A customer hasn't followed advice after getting his ceiling skimmed & didn't mist coat before applying raw emulsion. His ceiling now looks a mess & he is trying to blame the plasterer. Any advice to rectify the problem.

Hi A customer hasn't followed advice after getting his ceiling skimmed & didn't mist coat before applying raw emulsion. His ceiling now looks a mess & he is trying to blame the plasterer. Any advice to rectify the problem.

A sander.

Should paint up ok regardless, but may flake off further down the line. Guess they’re s**t at painting so probably got loads of roller lines where it’s dried too quickly.

A sander.

Should paint up ok regardless, but may flake off further down the line. Guess they’re s**t at painting so probably got loads of roller lines where it’s dried too quickly.

Exactly mate it looks shocking & I cannot convince him that the job its self is first class & its his paint work that's bad. People who do not follow advice then blame the plaster finish FFS.

Exactly mate it looks shocking & I cannot convince him that the job its self is first class & its his paint work that's bad. People who do not follow advice then blame the plaster finish FFS.

I generally get to paint most of my plastering as I do a fair few complete refurbs, but it’s frustrating when you’ve done a pin on job and come back a few weeks later and it looks like the customer has put the paint on with a shovel.

Any pictures ?

I’ve gone to do repeat work for people and thought wtf??! Too much paint on roller, cutting in looks like the sea! :muyenojado:

And they don’t seem to notice what they’ve done :endesacuerdo:

Sorry mate no pictures. When I went back to see the job it was full of roller marks and very patchy. But I have failed to convince him that the paintwork is the problem and not the plaster. Because he doesn't believe me im afraid he will bring in another plasterer who will diss my work and reskim just to get easy money. That blackens my name and TBH im raging at his text messages to me even after I went back and explained the issue.

Sorry mate no pictures. When I went back to see the job it was full of roller marks and very patchy. But I have failed to convince him that the paintwork is the problem and not the plaster. Because he doesn't believe me im afraid he will bring in another plasterer who will diss my work and reskim just to get easy money. That blackens my name and TBH im raging at his text messages to me even after I went back and explained the issue.
Maybe get a decent scraper and try scraping some paint off (since it’s not primed) and show him a patch of the underneath?

To be honest though he might just be one of those nobheads; the ones that you can’t pacify because they don’t want to be reasonable or admit they made an error. That being the case you’ve just got to be calm and leave it. There’s nothing you can do

He's ruined it and can't/won't admit it to himself nothing much you can do about that. If he gets another plasterer in to re-skim he'll probably do the same again. Just a dick at the end of the day that's his problem not yours.

Orange peel most domestic spreads plaster gets finished like that cause the tight ass customer paints it them self

Just tell him to f**k off.
18299071_428535607509499_7461123676583231488_n.jpg

He's ruined it and can't/won't admit it to himself nothing much you can do about that. If he gets another plasterer in to re-skim he'll probably do the same again. Just a dick at the end of the day that's his problem not yours.

If he gets another plasterer in he will mist coat before painting and think its a wonderful job & my name will be dragged through the mud.

If he gets another plasterer in he will mist coat before painting and think its a wonderful job & my name will be dragged through the mud.
If he's stupid enough to get it skimmed twice he's stupid enough to make the same mistake painting it. Dickhead customer's are part and parcel of the domestic game although in my experience there's more good than bad. If you lose a customer or two because of a dick like this they're probably people you wouldn't want to do work for anyway.

Ignore.. They can't blame you. What's he going to say you did to stop the paint sticking. Ive had this and just say what have I done had nothing wrong. It was a good plastered ceiling when I left. Correct preparation and application of paint is nothing to be do with you. Go look but write a letter saying this. You can also put a note to say that your are happy to quote again for preparing and plastering again... End of..Do you really think they are going to take it further with costs without any proof you are to blame.