painted lining paper

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tree

i've got a job skimming over some painted lining paper. the board joints have been very badly taped and overfilled, every joint is cracked may'be not even taped then, and you can see the ***kin bulge. What a load of s**t :mad:
Anyway, i don't like scraping is there any other way to deal with it ?
Cheers, Tree ;D

the only way is to strip paper off and skim, otherwise if you skim over lining paper it will bubble in alot of places give you loads of headaches and not a very good job.

Never ever skim over any paper, as your man said it will bubble, the only thing that will be holding the pink stuff on the wall is the wall paper paste.
Your better of to strip the paper off, pva and over-skim as norm.

MUSH

it's as i feared then a warm sponge and elbow grease! i had hoped there was some miracle product that would soak through the painted paper and bond witht the board beneath. oh well i'll just get on with it then and think of the dosh ;)
thanks for advice lads

Depending on the size, sometimes its easier just to rip the crap boards off and put up new ones.
Scraping paper off gyproc is bloody murder! (most of the time)
And the boards are usually left in a right mess to plaster.

luckily they've only papered over a few choice areas where the joints are particularly crap. should be able to get the paper off alright in time, just didn't notice when i priced it up. Oh well we live and learn :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.