Painted blockwork

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagrat

Can anyone tell me what's the quickest and cheapest way to stick boards.the blockwork is glossed and some areas are not.I don't think client wants to use thistle bond it.any ideas on a alternative thanks lads.

Thislte bond it is the cheapest option as it less labour intensive.
Other options are use a grinder or the back of a brick hammer over the areas where you applying adhesive to create a key.
Personally iwouldnt worry to much as the adhesive will stick but prob best to give a good coat of wba as it'l only cost you 2 tubs max on a realy glossy surface the stuff goes a long way.

If the blockwork ok you could foam stick the boards to the wall. It's all to do with the paint what condition it is in.

Bargrat press the thanks on the bottom of my post that the way to do it if you want to thank someboby on the thanks icon.

dont use bond it at 50 quid a tub,use everbuild blue grit,its less than half the price and does the same job.

Never liked the idea of dabbing over bond-it/wba, all that weight hanging on a thin skin!

Its quickest option.The adhesive sticks like s**t to a blanket there wont be any problems if done correctly with enough adhesive in the right places
other options are batten and board
Burn the gloss of with with heat gun and dab
chip away with hammer and dab
render with eml and skim

Status
Not open for further replies.