paint

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

del

does any one know if mineral paint and masonary paint are the same ?, need a breathable paint for some dpc work,. can you paint gypsum in masonary paint, or mineral paint, any ideas, opinions, welcome, cheers del

Pretty much yes they are.But mineral paints are usually used in coastel areas subject to harsh conditions o chalky stone buildings and for rendering.
To be honest ive never used the stuff as im based in central england with not a lot of coastlinbe around me.
i know you used to have to mix a powder to the paint years ago but think u can get it ready mixed nowdays.
There a lot more enviro freindly so becoming a lot more popular than they used to be.

skimming, this job is internal work, has to be painted in mineral paint, or some quality breathable paint, the customer came back with mineral silk, do you think this is ok, never seen mineral silk, or heard of it until today. cheers del

Yes you can use it inside.Theres different mineral paints for interior and exterior.
To my knowledge No silk paint is breathable,but theres new paints on coming on the market all the time so i could be wrong mate.
Thers a paint called Ecosil its breathable interior paint not cheap also i dont no how good it is????,try to talk him into using leyland high opacity thats breathable and i pay only £22 for 15 litres.

cheers, me thinks the same, silk mineral, not breathable, have to phone customer in morning and say do not paint until further notice, cheers del :-\

I would mate.You could look on the ici website.there the market leaders after all.That new ecosure paint apparently aint to bad and thats breathable they could use that.
Paints are changing all the time so its hard to keep up with it all unless you reading paint data sheets all day long.
I got a brochure through ther other day in post from hse saying that paint companys now have to compliant to remove all oil based paints from the market by 2013.
Wtf ??????
Well be hearing alot more about these eco / mineral paints mate very soon.

if its a damp job i recommend they dont paint it for 6 months to allow the wall to dry out properly..
i wouldnt wanna paint anything on a damp job unless it says so on the tin tbh..

mineral paints have high perimabilty ability ie to let moisture pass thro it.... yet they soak into the background/substrate and becomes part of the background....which means will last longer before need to re decorate.....eco paints of sorts will be the future....think keim make some that got awards ....saw them on a spec for a very swanky job a while back..but thought it was for external work mostly....

Hi Del Titan do a breathable paint called Titan Blanco Luminoso never used it myself but know people who have and highly recomend it.
Lucius.

cheers lads, its got to be a paint that lets efflorescence salts pass through with no damage, ie you just wipe the wall with a sponge when they appear, iam thinking some sort of mineral emulsion, but tomorrow will dig deeper,.the walls are dry and most of salts seem to have come through the existing plaster, one coat machine sprayed, salts kill it completly, push your fingers in it, this is a bodge job for a mate, he can not afford the right gear to do it properly, s@c and skimmned, idea being if the salts try to come through the s@c and the skim they can pass through the paint to the surface and be wiped off. cheers del

Status
Not open for further replies.