Paddle

Members online

John j

Mono Don
How do you know which paddle you need for your mixer. It's a 20 year old mega mixer. Dropped bucket trowel in as I was mixing and it's f**k*d it

If you're using it to mix skim, then you'll want a negative rake paddle/whisk (mixes top downwards so you don't get splattered with skim), and given that the megamixer has boatloads of torque, probably 160mm diameter, or thereabouts.

Something like an MR3:

REFINA-031602G

But make sure you have the correct fitting to mate with your mixer, and the correct shaft length to suit you.

Last edited:
If you're using it to mix skim, then you'll want a negative rake paddle/whisk (mixes top downwards so you don't get splattered with skim), and given that the megamixer has boatloads of torque, probably 160mm diameter, or thereabouts.

Something like an MR3:

REFINA-031602G

But make sure you have the correct fitting to mate with your mixer, and the correct shaft length to suit you.
That one be ok
Screenshot_20211213-170842_Amazon Shopping.jpg

A megamixer will easily spin a 200mm paddle if you're mixing plaster, but it's a bit on the big side, in my opinion. Why not measure your busted paddle, that you're used to, and go from there? (also check if the busted paddle is M14 threaded)
That's what I wanted to know . How do you know that

That's what I wanted to know . How do you know that

Just look at the top of the old paddle (or look at the socket of the mixer itself) - if it's got a threaded area and if it measures 14mm diameter, then it will be standard M14. But if it has a special adapter for a different fitting, then you'll need to figure out what type it is.

More than likely, it's going to be standard M14

Just look at the top of the old paddle (or look at the socket of the mixer itself) - if it's got a threaded area and if it measures 14mm diameter, then it will be standard M14. But if it has a special adapter for a different fitting, then you'll need to figure out what type it is.

More than likely, it's going to be standard M14
Yeah it's standard. . I.ll get that ordered . Can't cope with that . Didn't think one bent arm would throw it out so much . Bucket shakes like f**k now

good tip as well jonny and to anyone else.... standard paddles lengths are 600mm which were to low for me so get ye sen an M14 thread extension bar (u can get them in different lengths, I had a 150mm) and you'll be more upright when mixing and kinder to your back......unless ye name is @essexandy and ye have to chop off 200mm
There 750mm

There 750mm

Just buy whatever length is comfortable for you.

I still suggest you don't go for 200mm paddle diameter, though.

It's more likely to spin the bucket while you mix.

If it were me, I'd choose 160, but you can buy a 200mm if you really want to. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

If it were me, I'd choose 160, but you can buy a 200mm if you really want to. Just don't say I didn't warn you.
Sure my old ens 200

yup 160 certainly no bigger than 180