P100 pick up

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagey

Private Member
when I first started plastering 16 years ago a few blokes had the p100 ford pick up thing where you could actually take the hood off the back I thought they was a horrendous van and it's got me thinking my first van was a Peugeot car derived van and I couldn't get nothing in it but at time I was still the scum labourer/improver wondered what everyone else's first vans were surely some real horrors I did once have a van where petrol gauge didn't work so had to try guess how far I could get

2b30a34e764ce27ebcff764dd75c8258.jpg

One of these 60 quid, used to backfire like a gunshot! Bought it off a builder we were doing work for.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Had a transit from the start, hated it was sluggish as hell, then upgraded to a boxer and Ducato, then Ducato, now got a relay

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

when my brother and myself started working together in about 1967. we only had a motobike, just subbing off major plastering contractors . i would sit him on the back, tie the tools on to him, then the featheredges, shovel would go length ways along the bike. i would then jump onto the bike and ride it to work.
we would have hopups made of timber that flat packed. make a board and stand up when we got on site, tools would be left in the loft of property overnight.then when we got there mix course stuff up by hand and start floating.
you have not lived!

when my brother and myself started working together in about 1967. we only had a motobike, just subbing off major plastering contractors . i would sit him on the back, tie the tools on to him, then the featheredges, shovel would go length ways along the bike. i would then jump onto the bike and ride it to work.
we would have hopups made of timber that flat packed. make a board and stand up when we got on site, tools would be left in the loft of property overnight.then when we got there mix course stuff up by hand and start floating.
you have not lived!
Sound like fatarm still lives in that era, he's ferrying his tools about in a granmas shopping trolley

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

you have not lived!
And some people ain't got no motivation these days saying things to hard but that attitude u had I s what's missing today in the youngsters

And some people ain't got no motivation these days saying things to hard but that attitude u had I s what's missing today in the youngsters

life was tough , 6 shillings a sq yard, 60 pence todays money, would be top money in boom times of the 60s. our target was £50 per week, sites paid out in cash every thursday, people did not have bank accounts. the ave. factory worker would earn £20 per week.

life was tough , 6 shillings a sq yard, 60 pence todays money, would be top money in boom times of the 60s. our target was £50 per week, sites paid out in cash every thursday, people did not have bank accounts. the ave. factory worker would earn £20 per week.
I've been spoilt then sounds crazy when you hear it like that

First vehicle was a mini pickup ,they make bigger wheelbarrows now,when that died up graded to a metro van,get horrendous flash backs thinking about it

Ha ha, I had a metro van too, useless, was working away once in Telford, my mate drove home, I woke to it virtually screaming, I looked at the speedo, he was doing 95 laughing his head off!

Sent from my Nokia 3210

I was thinking about getting one recently, looking at £18000 for a decent one, f**k that, it'll be another transit for me!

If i remember right way back then i think i gave 90 or a 100 for it maybe i should of kept it :rolleyes: it was then onto a transit pick up for about 18 months and then a Bedford TK with a tipper back somewhere in among all that was also a Viva and a triumph 2000

I remember the old p100 pick ups they had a cortina front end then. After that was a sierra front. They looked good (y) we had old sherpas with slidey doors and bedford cfvans looked like the A team van but was petrol and they were bloody quick for a van

First van LT28 was battle bus , some cant knicked it feckers with tools in it,insurance had elapsed 2 days prior :muyenojado: It was one of them moments.
I was on a plane three days later f**k*d off abroad for bit calm down and rethink my path. Life's a cant at times.
But ultimately helped me decide sunshine was for me so cheers :birra:

a metro van,get horrendous flash backs thinking about it

if i were a judge and anyone got caught drinking and driving. i would not ban them from driving i would not even fine them , i would just tell that they could only drive a metro for the next 10 years ! nobody would risk drinking and driving.

if i were a judge and anyone got caught drinking and driving. i would not ban them from driving i would not even fine them , i would just tell that they could only drive a metro for the next 10 years ! nobody would risk drinking and driving.

For a second offence you could make it a Metro with a CVT gearbox.

2b30a34e764ce27ebcff764dd75c8258.jpg

One of these 60 quid, used to backfire like a gunshot! Bought it off a builder we were doing work for.

Sent from my Nokia 3210
My first 3 vans was one of these Bedford HA vans. Useless things but couldn't blow the head off if I tried. Went a whole 3 weeks once without having to take it into a garage.

Then got a new Morris Ital van that was ok then a Sherpa white with a red Starksy and Hutch stripe. Then since 1990 I have had 4 Nissan Cabstars 3 new. Could do with a van now though. Would have a mwb Transit.

1st van, Astravan. Turbo diesel. Head went the day after I bought it. Got it fixed, then it decided to dump all the oil, engine ceased. Owned it about 3 weeks. Drove it about 3 times!! Saved like a b*****d for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.