ox speedskim

The Hobo

looking for honest opinion on speedskims do they work are the worth the money been looking at 600mm one never seen one in action do u put on 2 coats as norm with trowel then use / is last pass done with it

Love my refina speed skim for quick flattening, especially on ceilings. Going to treat myself to a ss tipped 600 0r 1.2m one in the 1 stop January sales :coffe:

I use the 1200 and the 600 only ever gets used where the bigger one wont fit. You need to be using it as soon as you get the gear on for best results. You can just about finish it with the plastic blade if you get your timings right and, use your trowel for the angles. Usual craic start on small areas until you get your eye in with it.

I use the 1200 and the 600 only ever gets used where the bigger one wont fit. You need to be using it as soon as you get the gear on for best results. You can just about finish it with the plastic blade if you get your timings right and, use your trowel for the angles. Usual craic start on small areas until you get your eye in with it.

Just about finish ish a wall with a 1200 speedskim.???

f**k knows what I'm doing wrong I'm just happy if I don't f**k the wall up with it never mind finish with it!

looking for honest opinion on speedskims do they work are the worth the money been looking at 600mm one never seen one in action do u put on 2 coats as norm with trowel then use / is last pass done with it
I've got a 1200 one Norm and use it a fair bit. I'm convinced that I'd have no need for it if the gear was better.

I like my 1200 for first flatten, wouldn’t really say it gets used after that. I got the 600 stainless steel one and hate it. It’s meant for finishing. Looks shite when you run it over. Tiger stripes everywhere. Have get the trowel out anyways so stays in the van

thanks for all the input lads but think I will keep plodding on whithout like the refina plazi no tigers with that

I got a plastic 600 recently after being intrigued for a long time. Found myself reading what other people were saying on here and thought this is pathetic should just try it myself. Only used on a couple of ceilings so far. Was quite good for flattening in but can't really imagine finishing with one as some people have said.

Got a fairly big ceiling to do in the morning so that will be the real test for me. That's what I bought it for really, just to see if it takes some of the strain/stress off the body on a big ceiling. Can let you know how it goes?

Just about finish ish a wall with a 1200 speedskim.???

f**k knows what I'm doing wrong I'm just happy if I don't f**k the wall up with it never mind finish with it!
Divint get me wrong it took a while to get the timings right but it can be done. Scottie explaining how he did it convinced me to stick with it.